MAD and Ben's Non-LDS meet-up at Magenta Headquarters

Not sure exactly which months are being considered here but I'm going to be unavailable the following weekends:

21st/22nd of May
4th/5th of June
11th/12th of June
9th/10th of July
23rd/24th of July

Besides that I'm currently free at weekends from May - August.

Brilliant Ben, at least we'll know your dates/avaibility.

Have fun, guys! Alas, 20,000 kms for a BBQ is a bit on ...

We will have fun... and miss you lots!

Ah, Michele's coming - ooo - A game + face on then :)

Yes! schedules and dates permitted ;)

Duncan is up for it too :D

YAY!!! Wonderful news ;)

Dear David suggested doing a Doodle poll (?) to identify dates that are and aren't possible. I'm sure that's a jolly good idea but not so sure that I could organise it unless it's totally idiot-proof.

Sounds like a good idea, does anyone knows how to go about it? Can it be linked to this thread?

Gig now cancelled!!! ;)

I promise to keep my top on... please don't cancel the gig!!!

My bucket is very deep, so $ will be tough. And as you can see my top is already off.

Attachments

• IMG_0258.JPG
    IMG_0258.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 183
Update on MADgeFest 2016 :)

So far, willing to come (in alphabetical order)

Alex (Amedia cymbals)
Andy
Ben
Daisy
David
Duncan
Henri
Jon
Kate
Kevin
Madge
Michele

Hopefully, more members will come forward!!!

Here are the weekend dates where it could happen, please let us know your agenda for June, July and August. I already didn't put any dates where Ben, Madge and I are not available.

June

18/19

25/26

July

2/3

16/17

30/31

August

6/7

13/14

20/21

27/28

So, that's 9 possible weekends for the event, if none are suitable, we could extend the dates to May and September.

Alex Amedia has said yes :)

My preference would be for July, but hey, I'll go with the flow.

Gosh sounds like fun I love a barbie and what a swell bunch of folks I'd like to meet in person. I wish I was over there at the time to crash your party. Hey we yanks should have a party here too and we party together via Skype LOL. You folks should learn to keep these parties secret to keep the rift raft out and these uncomfortable moments where you try and figure a polite way to avoid some fool from crashing your party LOL.

Last edited:

Alex (Amedia cymbals)
Andy
Ben
Daisy
David
Duncan
Henri
Jon
Kate
Kevin
Madge
Michele

Here are the weekend dates where it could happen, please let us know your agenda for June, July and August. I already didn't put any dates where Ben, Madge and I are not available.

June

18/19

25/26

July

2/3

16/17

30/31

August

6/7

13/14

20/21

27/28

So, that's 9 possible weekends for the event, if none are suitable, we could extend the dates to May and September.

Count me in as a hopeful. It'd be great to meet you all, but I've got gigs on all those early weekends (and a holiday in July). I can make 6/7, 13/14 & 20/21 of August.

If Alex is bringing some pies I'm after an Ahmet Legend crash!

Richard

Alex (Amedia cymbals)
Andy
Ben
Daisy
David
Duncan
Henri
Jon
Kate
Kevin
Madge
Michele

June

18/19

25/26

July

2/3

16/17

30/31

August

6/7

13/14

20/21

27/28

I can't do June 18th & 19th + August 13th/14th due to gig commitments. The August dates are the down on the Farm festival - I was hoping you might be up for the hang at that. All others indicated are clear for now, but booking up really fast. I suppose I'm in the same position as many - the sooner we can nail a date, the sooner I can get it ring fenced.

I can’t currently do the 16/17 July or 13/14 August, all other dates currently look fine though!

As much as I appreciate the invite and would love to come, it just isn't in the budget this year!

I'm sure it will be a great time!!

Okay. After hoping that somebody else would do the Decent Thing and organise the Doodle poll, and being hugely disappointed, I think I've done one. There are fewer dates on it than on Henri's list, because it occurred to me that I should check my own diary.

Here's the link: http://doodle.com/poll/dih76znevai2h7dt I hope it works.

If Alex is bringing some pies I'm after an Ahmet Legend crash!

He did say that he'd prefer it to be a leisure occasion rather than business, but I've rarely seen Alex without a collection of cymbals in tow ;) and if there's something you're interested in, I'm sure he'd be happy to bring it.

The August dates are the down on the Farm festival - I was hoping you might be up for the hang at that.

Ohh yes of course! It was in my head, just not in my diary!

As much as I appreciate the invite and would love to come, it just isn't in the budget this year!

I'm sure it will be a great time!!

I hope you'll be with us in spirit, chicken! Hey, we could Skype people who can't make it :D

Count me in as a hopeful. It'd be great to meet you all...

Yayy! Great, look forward to meet you Richard :)

The August dates are the down on the Farm festival - I was hoping you might be up for the hang at that...

I was hoping to come this year, I'll confirm nearer the dates ;)

I can’t currently do the 16/17 July or 13/14 August, all other dates currently look fine though!

Great Jon, can you fill the doodle thingy? :D

Okay. After hoping that somebody else would do the Decent Thing and organise the Doodle poll, and being hugely disappointed, I think I've done one. There are fewer dates on it than on Henri's list, because it occurred to me that I should check my own diary.

Here's the link: http://doodle.com/poll/dih76znevai2h7dt I hope it works.

Thanks Madge, you're an angel :)

Yes, it did work for me too...

Of course I'll be there in spirit!! And skyping is a great idea! :D I'm in for that!!

That's the spirit!!!

Yes, a Skype session with all our overseas friends sounds like fun, it's the next best thing to have you guys with us on the day. :)

Ok Madge, what's the plan? You need a contingency for bad weather (it's Wales, after all!) So there's an inside catering option, but what about the jamming / ad hoc band stuff? If you're thinking in terms of probably outside but doable inside if necessary, how big do you want to go with this? Reason for me asking is, I have the gear to really ramp this up if you want to.

BTW, I take it Mrs. Guru is welcome?

Ok Madge, what's the plan? You need a contingency for bad weather (it's Wales, after all!) So there's an inside catering option, but what about the jamming / ad hoc band stuff? If you're thinking in terms of probably outside but doable inside if necessary, how big do you want to go with this? Reason for me asking is, I have the gear to really ramp this up if you want to.

BTW, I take it Mrs. Guru is welcome?

Plan B is to do everything inside - it's been done before, you were there when it was, and nothing has changed since then. The obvious negatives are that Stardust Towers isn't soundproof, horses go up and down our lane, and our neighbours, although not close, aren't completely deaf. Yet.

BTW, of course!

Just realised I'm not free on the 30th/31st of July either, sorry guys. Not sure how I missed that. I've put my dates on the doodle thing.

Back