First Nite Out With The New Band

MikeM

Platinum Member
I was already in one band that I was totally happy with and was looking for another to play bass. But then these guys came along needing a drummer and I couldn't say no because I really like their songs and the fact that they don't shy away from odd time signatures. So I guess I'll have to play drums in two bands now!

http://youtu.be/QyjWfy5h9dA

Mike,

That is face-meltingly awesome. Those are the kind of gigs we live for. Good sound, great music, people packed to the back wall and nodding their heads to your beat.

Really dig that music. Great playing. Great gig. HIGH FIVE.

Awesome. Very "Form of Rocket"-esque. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for that the of music.

Great stuff.

Mike - why am I not surprised you're one powerhouse MoFo of a bin basher! Love your whole approach - fabulous playing my friend :)

Music is so not me it's unreal, but that does nothing to taint my admiration for your performance.

Mike,

That is face-meltingly awesome. Those are the kind of gigs we live for. Good sound, great music, people packed to the back wall and nodding their heads to your beat.

Really dig that music. Great playing. Great gig. HIGH FIVE.
Thanks, Doc! Agreed - I wish all gigs were that awesome so it's really nice when they are. HIGH FIVE back atcha!

Awesome. Very "Form of Rocket"-esque. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for that the of music.

Great stuff.
Thanks, KamaK, me too. Though oddly, this type of music is more what I like to play more than what I usually listen to. Not sure why that is, but ... who cares!?! (probably cos like most muso music, it's more fun to play than to hear)

Mike - why am I not surprised you're one powerhouse MoFo of a bin basher! Love your whole approach - fabulous playing my friend :)

Music is so not me it's unreal, but that does nothing to taint my admiration for your performance.
Thanks, Andy! I'm glad you liked the playing aspect at least :)

As I reviewed this vid, two things struck me: 1) that I totally missed the stop at the end and tossed in that little hi-hat strike for comic relief, and 2) It really doesn't look to me like I'm hitting all that hard. I mean, yeah it's aggressive playing and all, but it's not like Dave Grohl breaking stuff hard.

Back