What would you spend the Powerball money on if you won?

greenstar323

Well the $1 billion jackpot for the Powerball is at a record high. I'm not mugh of a gambler, but I admit I bought tickets for last week's drawing and will be buying tickets again this week. Hey can't hurt right? What would you guys use the money for if you won?

My list would be a Mapex Saturn kit, a Remo tunable djembe, 18 and 19" crashes, a house (but a modest one... nothing crazy so if I blew all the money I could afford to keep it), a car (again nothing expensive. We only have one car right now.) give some to charity /select family members then invest the rest!

Hey a girl can dream right?

I would buy the name for either Rogers or Slingerland and bring them back as a high end drum company.

I'd probably splurge on new desperately needed cymbals, a custom satin black Pork Pie (22x2, 8,10,12,14) among other drum related things.

I'd give 5 million to everyone I know.

Just putting it out there that we're practically brothers, bro.

There's about 10 people here I would send a million to.

Not you, just saying :p

JK man. If I win, you'll get a million.

First I'd pay off the house and install a room-within-a-room. New car for my wife. Then a Guru, the rest of my snare drum bucket list, a complete set of hardware for all my kits, and the little odds and ends I want to finish off my electronics.

I'm actually on track to do all these things, it'll just be a scoche slower without the lottery winnings.

Well the $1 billion jackpot for the Powerball is at a record high. I'm not mugh of a gambler, but I admit I bought tickets for last week's drawing and will be buying tickets again this week. Hey can't hurt right? What would you guys use the money for if you won?

My list would be a Mapex Saturn kit, a Remo tunable djembe, 18 and 19" crashes, a house (but a modest one... nothing crazy so if I blew all the money I could afford to keep it), a car (again nothing expensive. We only have one car right now.) give some to charity /select family members then invest the rest!

Hey a girl can dream right?

It's going to be over a billion dollars. Why bother investing it? You could stuff it in a mattress and still spend 10 million a year for the next hundred years.

If you divide 1.3 billion by 330 million (population of the USA), you'll get 3.9 million for every citizen of the USA. That's just crazy money.

Winning that much money would mean you'd have to move and change your name.
I think I would move to an island and then I would change my name to Thurston Howell the third.

I'm sure I'd have to buy all new friends because most of my friends are atheists so if they ask me for money all I'm giving them is a bible.

Anybody who wants to start a business on my dime will just get a glossy picture of me for motivation.

-probably throw a couple of $1 bills at Duck Tape 'cause he's such a good pole dancer.

A new house with all of the trimmings in a new city. People you didn't know would all of a sudden become your friends, so you may as well move and make new ones. You would still not be rich enough to buy an adequate amount of headache meds caused by that much money. Or with 1 billion dollars, I could buy 500 million more tickets for the next draw...

Last edited:
Check your math. It's more like $3.93 per citizen.

I saw that meme going around Facebook, too! Funny stuff. :)

I thought I did, but I read it wrong. You're right. I saw it on FB too. Still it's enough to buy a cheeseburger for everybody in the USA.

It's going to be over a billion dollars. Why bother investing it? You could stuff it in a mattress and still spend 10 million a year for the next hundred years.

What if the house burns down? Maybe a safe deposit box is better. Get like 100 different ones at various banks.

I'd be okay winning the 2nd prize of $1m too. Nothing compared to $1 billion but still not bad.

I really wouldn't want to move, but if I did maybe San Diego? Isn't it always warm in CA? Don't think I'd go as far as changing my name. I think if you win in NJ you can remain anonymous for 1 year. SCORE!

What if the house burns down? Maybe a safe deposit box is better. Get like 100 different ones at various banks.

I'd be okay winning the 2nd prize of $1m too. Nothing compared to $1 billion but still not bad.

I really wouldn't want to move, but if I did maybe San Diego? Isn't it always warm in CA? Don't think I'd go as far as changing my name. I think if you win in NJ you can remain anonymous for 1 year. SCORE!

No. We have enough people. Try Florida. Ha ha

Back