Bought a new camera

Mart61

Silver Member
Sold all my Nikon gear and bought a Fuji X-T1. Had a quick trip out to Grimsby Docks this morning. Light wasn't great but hey, I'm having a go.

Those are fantastic. The top one is my favorite..almost haunting. Love it.

Those are fantastic. The top one is my favorite..almost haunting. Love it.

Thank Superman. The docks is now quite a sad place. In its hey day it would've been pumping. Now much of it is derelict.

Thank Superman. The docks is now quite a sad place. In its hey day it would've been pumping. Now much of it is derelict.

We used to have areas of my town that very much resembled Grimsby in places. It was almost all knocked down before I was born and the few places that are left are largely inaccessible. Thanks for posting these - the sharpness of the images is quite remarkable. You could have gone even sharper in the first picture and played with the contrast of the bricks, that weathering is stunning.

Quite a likeness. I had to Google the area.

Attachments

• 236-4.jpg
    236-4.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 112
Certainly is GRIM in Grimsby. Nice pics & just my "Thing" :)

I'm surprised that no one has done something with that area to refurbish it.
These are photos of Baltimores Inner Harbor, where I'm from and the process they went thru to make a great place to visit. Not trying to hijack the thread. It's just the photos, which are great for sure, reminded me of home. 1902 and then today, restructure was in the 1980's

Attachments

• a8f67f820a9edb1a998ed9432e09fbcb.jpg
    a8f67f820a9edb1a998ed9432e09fbcb.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 94
  • Baltimore-MD-No001.jpg
    Baltimore-MD-No001.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 95
Thanks for the kind words guys.

Our house was built in 1902 and has bags of character. We love it.

I've processed one or two more.

I would have bought a camera that takes color pictures. ;-)

Nice images. As camera people have been moving ahead, I've been moving backwards. I've been mostly shooting with my FILM cameras (EOS-1V, 1N, Nikon F2) and have been enjoying shooting the bigger medium format film with my Bronica SQ 6x6 camera.

Here's an example:

Attachments

• Five-web-even-smaller.jpg
    Five-web-even-smaller.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 79
Nice image Matt. I know what you mean about going back in time. I'm longing for a proper record deck and playing some old vinyl albums.

I have a room in the house earmarked for the deck, just need the money to complete it. :)

Nice image Matt. I know what you mean about going back in time. I'm longing for a proper record deck and playing some old vinyl albums.

I have a room in the house earmarked for the deck, just need the money to complete it. :)

Nice image. full of character :)

I just had to look. Address below

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-03 at 17.03.42.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-03 at 17.03.42.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 58
Absolutely GD. Sad to see that they were founded in, iirc, 1938 and dissolved in 2003.

Back