deleted

If memory serves '94 was the year they started laser engraving serial numbers right near the stamp, so that would make this pre-'94.

Here's where I really start guessing: I think at first there were no K Dark Medium-Thins. All of them were Thins, so there was no need to ink that weight on there. I had a few in the early '90s that said Medium-Thin, so that puts my best guess at mid-late '80s to '90 or '91-or so.

Last edited:
If memory serves '94 was the year they started laser engraving serial numbers right near the stamp, so that would make this pre-'94.

Here's where I really start guessing: I think at first there were no K Dark Medium-Thins. All of them were Thins, so there was no need to ink that weight on there. I had a few in the early '90s that said Medium-Thin, so based on that alone, I'd guess mid-late '80s to '90 or '91-ish.

Thanks Mike, that confirms what I was thinking. First practice with it tonight, so let's see how it blends in!

Cheers,

Dutch

I have an 18" Zildjin Dark Crash I bought in 1990.

It's actually a thin, but no "Thin" mark on it, as this is before the "medium Thin" was introduced.

I have an 18" Zildjin Dark Crash I bought in 1990.

It's actually a thin, but no "Thin" mark on it, as this is before the "medium Thin" was introduced.

Thanks for that, mine must be from the same era. Fantastic cymbal!

Dutch

Back