How many drum keys do you have?

Larry

"Uncle Larry"
I'm just kidding, I really don't care. I just thought it would continue the latest thread trend.

But in case people do care, I just bought a 12 pack of Giraltar keys for the holidays last year. Now I have drum keys out my grand wazoo. The Gibraltar keys feel good in the hand to, unlike DW's cheapie key. I probably have the better part of 20 keys, Maaa!(sticks out tongue)

4 , 1 by each drum set, 1 in stick bag, and 1 on keychain

Oh my God are you kidding me???

I have 5-6 laying around. But I've fallen in love with the Gibraltar Speed Key so they're all I use right now. They fit the hand perfectly, theyre harder to lose, and you can twirl them around therefore making sax and guitar players more nervous than they already are around me......!

As a matter of fact, yes, I am kidding!

I had a feeling that a stupid thread like this would get ultra quick response.

There's a parallel to music there.

I am hooked on drum keys, I must admit. I picked up a free shop promo one every time I used the Drum Shop in Newcastle so I have loads of them. One in every bag and case, at least. Also I have nine from different manufacturers, my fave being an old Ludwig one a shop owner gave me when I asked if he had any drum keys. I meant. of course, for sale, but he gave me his own drum key!!! Nice man, that one resides on my key ring, always.

10, one for each lug. To tune my snare drum, I need the assistance of four people and a metronome, because all tension rods must be turned simultaneously.

I am hooked on drum keys, I must admit. I picked up a free shop promo one every time I used the Drum Shop in Newcastle so I have loads of them. One in every bag and case, at least. Also I have nine from different manufacturers, my fave being an old Ludwig one a shop owner gave me when I asked if he had any drum keys. I meant. of course, for sale, but he gave me his own drum key!!! Nice man, that one resides on my key ring, always.

Eww do you mean the triangular Ludwig key? They fall out of my hand so much that it's my most hated drum key. I friggin despise that horrid key. Even worse than my DW keys. Pearl and Gibraltar are nice.

Lol @ this stupid friggin thread.

one in my stick bag, one on side snare, 2 in cymbal bag, 10-15 throughout the house

Lots, probably 20+. I have at least 10 hanging around the workshop. That way, I never have to waste time looking for one. They're all the super well made Evans key. I love them because they have enough mass to spin.

I have ah......

Well, I have several, I think.
I had one just a few hours ago. But now I can't find it.
Yes, I have some drum keys.............. somewhere.

I lost the keys to my drums. Now I can't play them.

In all seriousness, I have four. 3 on a bookcase by my set and one in my truck. I figure that wherever I am playing, my truck is there too.

My favorite is my big weighty Evans magnetic key! This one stays at home.

Really kinda disappointed that this is such a factual thread. It's not fun enough.

Any humor around?

... It's not fun enough.

Any humor around?

Hey Larry, I said that because I lost my keys, I couldn't play my drums anymore.

Ba Dum tish!

You call that "not fun?"

Get outta here! :)

I call it not fun enough Mister. :p

Now get off my lawn!

And if my lawnmower flings a drumkey in my face, heads will roll!

Ok, how 'bout this:

I have 12 drum keys - one for each octave.

Remember to tip your waiters and waitresses!

I screwed this up. There are 12 notes per octave... not 12 octaves.

Last edited:
I'll jump. We're running out of things to blow hard about, eh? At least 18 or 20. I don't think I've ever purchased one. When I worked in a music store, extras would come in with sets, customers would forget to take them, I'd find them under everything I moved in the store. It was like taking pencils home from work. Many years, many keys. I hate the DW keys, too. Like the Gibraltar and Yamaha the best.

Now, let's hear some newbies on which kit to buy, which sticks to use, which heads to use, which cymbals are best ... yadda, yadda, yadda. I love it.

GeeDeeEmm

I have opinions on everything. Most are wrong, but all are free.

Ok, how 'bout this:

I have 12 drum keys - one for each octave.

Remember to tip your waiters and waitresses!

That's more like it.

I'll jump. We're running out of things to blow hard about, eh? At least 18 or 20. I don't think I've ever purchased one. When I worked in a music store, extras would come in with sets, customers would forget to take them, I'd find them under everything I moved in the store. It was like taking pencils home from work. Many years, many keys. I hate the DW keys, too. Like the Gibraltar and Yamaha the best.

Now, let's hear some newbies on which kit to buy, which sticks to use, which heads to use, which cymbals are best ... yadda, yadda, yadda. I love it.

GeeDeeEmm

I have opinions on everything. Most are wrong, but all are free.

You take pencils home from work? That's insane! Talking about living la vida loco!

I have 2.. and everytime i tune a drum i drop them at least once... sometimes more..

There's no fun way to say this. I have a drum key on a string attached to my main studio set. I've used that same Pearl key since 2004.

Back