London Drum Show 21-22 Nov - Who's going?

Well, if Anika Niles is playing, Henri is sure to be there ;)

I can't see any reason why I wouldn't go, not least to hook up with those drummy friends I wouldn't get to see otherwise, but events may conspire against me.

I'm going again, booked for the Saturday but what with the announcement of Peter Erskinen playing a clinic on the Sunday on the main stage I'm going to go to both days as I can't miss the opportunity to see him. Reminds me I must get that sorted soon.

I might go as a visitor this year, I'm not sure yet. I'm thinking of not exhibiting for the first time since the event started. It's a decision that will be based purely on cost.

Nooooo don't do it Andy. Guru is one of the major talking points of the show. Your stand will be sorely missed.

I wish I could.

Keep us who cant make the trip informed please!...and have a great time.

I'm going to go to both days.

Me too, and I want to see Mike Johnston as well as Peter Erskine. On my to-do list to sort out! Funnily enough, Jon, Mr Madge and I were just talking about you the other day. Our daughters are both living in London so coming to see you at Ronnie Scott's (or indeed elsewhere) would be relatively easy, work permitting, as we'd have somewhere to lay our heads. Let me know when and where you're at, will you?

I might go as a visitor this year, I'm not sure yet. I'm thinking of not exhibiting for the first time since the event started. It's a decision that will be based purely on cost.

Yeah, I can imagine a booth is an expensive proposition. I thought last year was pretty good though there were quite a few big manufacturers who didn't bother from what I remember. Or I was looking the wrong way. Would be a shame for there to be even less small manufacturers. That's where most of the interesting stuff is happening in the industry, in my opinion. Yamaha and Pearl be what they are, you know? For instance, I was glad to get a chance to meet Andy from Dream cymbals and figure out that we had some friends in common in Toronto and also get to play his stuff alongside the bigger brands. It was a real ear opener. Not much in it between what he's producing and what some of the big brands are producing at twice the cost, at least to my ear. I'm sure others will differ. But, if he keeps at it, they'll get it sorted.

The lineup of players was great last year but the format doesn't do it for me. Something more interactive and educationally focussed would suit me better. I loved watching Carlock and Harland play but I really wanted to hear what they thought. Harland got into that a bit in answering a few questions, at least. But it still just feels like those guys are flown in to do what amounts to a great big product placement. Carlock looked typically disheveled but mentioned that he'd just rolled off a late/early flight and was pretty smashed up from the travel. He avoided saying much when it came to question time.

The on-site group lessons and such are great, however, but they're more geared to less-experienced players. It would be nice to have some food for thought for pros and semi-pros who know how to work on their hip hop beats or whatever. If you're gonna bring in Peter Erskine, pay to have the man talk and deliver some material.

I recall a DrummerLive at ExCel a few years back and all in a day I got to sit in close proximity to Neal Wilkinson, Vic Firth and a few others giving full-on educational talks. I gleaned far more from those hours than I did watching Ronald Bruner rip us all a new one on the big main stage, as awesome as that was.

Last edited:
Me too, and I want to see Mike Johnston as well as Peter Erskine. On my to-do list to sort out! Funnily enough, Jon, Mr Madge and I were just talking about you the other day. Our daughters are both living in London so coming to see you at Ronnie Scott's (or indeed elsewhere) would be relatively easy, work permitting, as we'd have somewhere to lay our heads. Let me know when and where you're at, will you?

Oh wow, that would be really cool to play host to you both at a show, Madge. I’d love that.

Our gigs come think and fast at times so If you want I'll PM you with my Facebook details and will send you some event invites from time to time, the Ronnie’s shows are normally on Tuesday evenings but we’re yet to set up the next one, should hopefully have one booked soon though as it’s been over a month since the last and I miss it already!.

Also, we have a monthly residence at a really great venue in London called The Finsbury. Great venue, great PA and great bar and we fill the evening with bands/artists we like- and also selfishly play a set ourselves…: ) .

A little too short notice but the next gig there is this Sunday evening (with gigs in other places in London this Friday evening and Saturday evening also, lots of gigging & recording this weekend, yay!) The evening we promote is ‘Captain Big Dog’. It's a snag we've got our own night there as it's a top venue. http://www.thefinsbury.co.uk/listings/2015/7/17/captain-big-dog-emily-capell-guests

Alternatively if you prefer you can follow the bank on twitter on the below profile name. We normally keep this up to date with show info should you prefer this instead of Facebook Invites.

https://twitter.com/cookandthecase

Lots of options! :)

Fab, Jon! I don't do Twitter so FB would be great. We'd love to see you, although realistically Ronnie Scott's might be a bit difficult because of work, which tends to crop up at fairly short notice and can require us to be pretty much anywhere ... however, we do have quiet periods so it isn't out of the question.

See you in November, if not before!

Currently reconsidering - I dunno. I can probably get in last minute, but with a substantially reduced display. Not sure if that's a good idea or not, but I do have some snares that would make stunning LDS special offers.

Uh... I missed this thread :(

Currently reconsidering - I dunno. I can probably get in last minute, but with a substantially reduced display. Not sure if that's a good idea or not, but I do have some snares that would make stunning LDS special offers.

I hope you can make it Andy, the LDS without a Guru stand wouldn't be the same, finger's crossed.

Well, if Anika Niles is playing, Henri is sure to be there ;)

Hell yes... but there's also a certain Magenta that I'm very keen to meet again :)

Alongside all the other forum members and friends of course :)

Do it, do it, do it!!

Hell yes... but there's also a certain Magenta that I'm very keen to meet again :)

You Swiss smoothie, you! So chuffed that our "drumance" has survived these past months of separation :D

I really am going to buy my tickets in a minute.

Do reconsider! Will be less without Guru there.

I'm thinking about it but may have to do a "Guru lite" kind of thing. I'll likely be on my own, so a scaled down affair will be in order (plus it's a lot cheaper). Will need to sell some stuff to justify it too :(

Back