New England area Music Stores

tcspears

Gold Member
I know some of you are from the New England area as well, so I thought I'd reach out here and see what people had...

Slowly but surely by usual music stores are closing, or they are in the death spiral of carrying less and less variety of drum gear. A couple of my local shops are now online only. There are 4 or 5 Guitar Centers within an hour's drive, but I'd really like to stay with mom and pop shops. GC doesn't usually have things that I'm interested in in-stock anyways.

I've been using Steve Weiss percussion for sticks, heads, brushes, and other accessories, and I love his site, but I want to be able to play and hold a cymbal before I buy it.

I know there's the Boston Drum Center in Acton, but does anyone know of any other nice drum/music stores in the New England area?

I highly recommend DrumcenterNH in Portsmouth NH. Shane has one of the largest selections of high end snares in the country. I've purchased 4 drums from him and Tony. No tax too!

Yep they have a great store. There's also a the drum shop in Portland Maine. They do a lot of DW kits.

I know some of you are from the New England area as well, so I thought I'd reach out here and see what people had...

Slowly but surely by usual music stores are closing, or they are in the death spiral of carrying less and less variety of drum gear. A couple of my local shops are now online only. There are 4 or 5 Guitar Centers within an hour's drive, but I'd really like to stay with mom and pop shops. GC doesn't usually have things that I'm interested in in-stock anyways.

I've been using Steve Weiss percussion for sticks, heads, brushes, and other accessories, and I love his site, but I want to be able to play and hold a cymbal before I buy it.

I know there's the Boston Drum Center in Acton, but does anyone know of any other nice drum/music stores in the New England area?

Here are two more..

Dicenso's drum shop in Weymouth, MA. Drums On The North shore in Beverly, MA

Drums on The North Shore has more stuff than Decenso's. Both are smaller than Drum Center in Portsmouth.

Great shop here in RI is the Village Drum & Music in Scituate RI.

Anthony does refurbishing and/or restoration including recutting bearing edges and cutting down deep toms and marching snares. Sometimes he gets really interesting stuff in for sale. He also sells new Ludwig, Pearl, Crush, Sonor, and more.

Look him up online or facebook. Since I discovered this shop, I go there for everything, even though I live 2 miles from a GC.

Thanks everyone! I'll check these places out, they sound interesting, and it's always a good feeling supporting the local guys.

Great shop here in RI is the Village Drum & Music in Scituate RI.

Anthony does refurbishing and/or restoration including recutting bearing edges and cutting down deep toms and marching snares. Sometimes he gets really interesting stuff in for sale. He also sells new Ludwig, Pearl, Crush, Sonor, and more.

Look him up online or facebook. Since I discovered this shop, I go there for everything, even though I live 2 miles from a GC.

I second this - Anthony is a great guy to deal with. I give him all of my business! I'd also add that I go there even when I'm not buying anything, simply to talk "shop" with other drummers as well. Great place for drummers...

I second this - Anthony is a great guy to deal with. I give him all of my business! I'd also add that I go there even when I'm not buying anything, simply to talk "shop" with other drummers as well. Great place for drummers...

Another vote for Village and Anthony.

If you are ever this far west check out Dynamic Percussion in Manchester, CT. Its a really big shop with a ton of floor space. Really good in stock selection and they let you beat on shit which is always cool.

Back