I'm sexy at last!

"Tis only a fairy tale my friend. As things trend, things change. Cut the carbs, and lose the flab and really get sexy.

PS Neal wants his hat back.

I have yet to find a 19 year old interested in my body, lol. Must hit the gym too regularly. Yeah, that's it...

Well an old fella has to have dreams eh? :)

Sexy has zero to do with how toned ones body is.

Sexiness is all in the mind, and the attitude.

I know gorgeous women who have very little sex appeal

I know overweight women who are sexy as hell.

The body doesn't matter, the mind is where it's at.

Sexy has zero to do with how toned ones body is.

Sexiness is all in the mind, and the attitude.

I know gorgeous women who have very little sex appeal

I know overweight women who are sexy as hell.

The body doesn't matter, the mind is where it's at.

It can be argued that one's body is the outward appearance of their mind's condition. I for one despise the acceptance of the dad bod. Then again, with how emasculated males have become over the decades, I am not surprised.

I realized the OP may have started this thread in jest, but the reality is sad. There is reason we have Superman and not Mediocre Man. There is a reason we have The Hulk and not The Skinny Fat. Just saying.

It can be argued that one's body is the outward appearance of their mind's condition. I for one despise the acceptance of the dad bod. Then again, with how emasculated males have become over the decades, I am not surprised.

I realized the OP may have started this thread in jest, but the reality is sad. There is reason we have Superman and not Mediocre Man. There is a reason we have The Hulk and not The Skinny Fat. Just saying.

In all honesty, I'm pretty much in agreement here.

Then again, with how emasculated males have become over the decades, I am not surprised./QUOTE]

I'd use the word "educated" instead of "emasculated".

Please explain. I am curious of the context of your post.

I shall politely decline to do so, as I have new drums (did I mention that?) and I want to keep playing them ;)

I've made the mistake before of disturbing the peace and harmony of this forum, which is what discussions of that type tend to do, and I'm not doing it again. I realise I should have thought of that before I replied earlier, but anyway, I'm thinking of it now.

Oh boy. This thread is starting to go the wrong way.

Sorry. I hope what I've just said will stop that happening, and that this thread will return to its original intention.

Well colour me disappointed! :)

Here I was, popcorn at the ready, looking forward to some edjumication happening.

I shall politely decline to do so, as I have new drums (did I mention that?) and I want to keep playing them ;)

I've made the mistake before of disturbing the peace and harmony of this forum, which is what discussions of that type tend to do, and I'm not doing it again. I realise I should have thought of that before I replied earlier, but anyway, I'm thinking of it now.

Sorry. I hope what I've just said will stop that happening, and that this thread will return to its original intention.

Fair enough. Bear in mind I was not looking to engage in a heated e-debate. I like to advance towards truth in a discussion as opposed to "having to be right".

That said, I will end with Socrates:

"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."

Even Socrates disapproved of the dad bod.

Well I for one am happy in the skin I'm in.

:)

"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."

I'd like to add another great quote

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mohandas Gandhi

Appealing to authority method doesn't bode well in proving a point.

That said, this new trend is interesting. Never thought I'd see the day where my gut is actually attractive.

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mohandas Gandhi

That said, this new trend is interesting. Never thought I'd see the day where my gut is actually attractive.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I think the state between a beer gut and a six pack is what was confirmed as attractive. You're still on your own!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I think the state between a beer gut and a six pack is what was confirmed as attractive. You're still on your own!

Well good thing I don't drink beer! I refer to my doughy tummy as a gut, not so much a full blown Santa Claus shape.

Mohandas Gandhi

I wasn't trying to prove a point, I was trying to advance toward truth. Also, if your quote was to counter mine, it doesn't necessarily work.

Socrates was making a statement on the capability of the human body and the waste of not realizing that capability. Ghandi's quote describes the mental fortitude of the individual that decides to develop the body. Through mental strength comes physical strength. One has to be willing to "suffer" the rigors of physical work to gain strength. From experience, if I am going to pick up a 500 lb. barbell, I have to be mentally committed before becoming physically committed.

In a way, Ghandi's quote supplements Socrates.

Back