If you were sitting behind my kit.

Ok so after thinking about this for a while my decision might surprise a few including myself I'm selling my drums and buying a guitar. Yeah like that will ever happen.lol

Seriously I will go with the cymbal it's what I really need most and I'm ok with that decision. Now I know most of you recommended cymbals anyway and actually suggested a few.

He're the thing I want a big 18 or 20in dark crash cymbal, currently looking into Zildjian K's. Since I already have a heavy 22in ride (Zildjian 60's era) and WILL NOT PART WAYS WITH IT does it make sense to get a Crashable ride or should I just get a crach?

As reminder: I currently use: HiHats: Zildjian 14in New Beats, A-Custom 16in crash and the ride mentioned above.

Based on this what is it that you recommend?

Thanks

17s, 18s, 19s, 20s, they're all good. When the 2013 A's came out, I found 18" and 20" thins, and a 17" medium thin that I REALLY liked. I ended up with the 18" because I already had A 20" crash-ride and 16" thin crash.

Bring your crash with you to the store and see which size/weight will compliment it.

I'd get an 18" crash. K Dark medium-thin or thin would fit in well.

The Zildjian K's, K Customs, and K Custom Hybrids are all awesome! If you have a drum store nearby take all your cymbals and ask them to set them on a kit there and match with other cymbals. Shops see this all the time and shouldn't give you a hard time about it. Good luck!

Ok so after thinking about this for a while my decision might surprise a few including myself I'm selling my drums and buying a guitar. Yeah like that will ever happen.lol

Seriously I will go with the cymbal it's what I really need most and I'm ok with that decision. Now I know most of you recommended cymbals anyway and actually suggested a few.

He're the thing I want a big 18 or 20in dark crash cymbal, currently looking into Zildjian K's. Since I already have a heavy 22in ride (Zildjian 60's era) and WILL NOT PART WAYS WITH IT does it make sense to get a Crashable ride or should I just get a crach?

As reminder: I currently use: HiHats: Zildjian 14in New Beats, A-Custom 16in crash and the ride mentioned above.

Thanks

It may be above your budget but I LOVE the Constantinople 19" Crash/Ride. It's a contrast on the ride end from your heavy 22 and has a fantastic (IMO) crash sound. They are steep new and finding used may be tough but when I was playing Zildjian cymbals that was on my radar.

Thanks

I have a 20" K regular ride that sounds stellar as a big crash. Smoky and pretty cutting, great for full on edge riding.. Love the straight K series for those sweeeet rides that make BOMBER crashes.

It may be above your budget but I LOVE the Constantinople 19" Crash/Ride. It's a contrast on the ride end from your heavy 22 and has a fantastic (IMO) crash sound. They are steep new and finding used may be tough but when I was playing Zildjian cymbals that was on my radar.

Yeah unfortunately it is so are the Kerope who I was very interested in as well.

The Zildjian K's, K Customs, and K Custom Hybrids are all awesome! If you have a drum store nearby take all your cymbals and ask them to set them on a kit there and match with other cymbals. Shops see this all the time and shouldn't give you a hard time about it. Good luck!

Thanks Fritz, I never heard of that concept before, I believe there's one shop that would be open to that.

Thanks Fritz, I never heard of that concept before, I believe there's one shop that would be open to that.

No problem! Just make sure you update us on what you go with and pics! I know you don't want to part ways with your heavy ride you could go with a big 18-20 inch dark crash or a 20 inch light ride. I personally would lean towards a bigger crash, but you can find some nice crashable rides. Just depends what exact sound you are looking for, what your intended purpose is for it, and what agrees with your ears. Do you want the versatility of a crashable ride that can also be a ride with a lot of wash to compliment your heavy ride (which I imagine has a lot of ping/stick definition to it)?

I have a 20" K regular ride that sounds stellar as a big crash. Smoky and pretty cutting, great for full on edge riding.. Love the straight K series for those sweeeet rides that make BOMBER crashes.

Thanks for the suggestion. There's a possibility for me to purchase a 20 K ride but can it be used strictly as a crash?

Thanks for the suggestion. There's a possibility for me to purchase a 20 K ride but can it be used strictly as a crash?
You could. I mean, my A Custom ping ride sees the daily driver slot on my set up. The 20 K reg. could be used as a crash. Full time? For the right cymbal? Why not? Mine has a pretty salty brashness.. smoky? As for long term durability,..
I don't play big crash scenarios often enough to speak to this. I would say that being a K regular (medium) weight cymbal, it should remain fairly resilient under normal playing. If you have intent on making this a monster metal crash, then I would tell you to look elsewhere.. but realistically, if you can net one without too big a strain on the wallet.. try before you buy. Good luck!

How silly would it be to get a 21" Sweet ride as a crash. Could get a crazy deal on one.

Not silly - excellent idea.

But I'm the one who said you should get the snare first, instead of a cymbal.
So take that for what it's worth. LOL

Not silly - excellent idea.

But I'm the one who said you should get the snare first, instead of a cymbal.
So take that for what it's worth. LOL

Lol. The snare is the still what I want most but I need a cymbal more.
I should make my decision soon.
Will post pict.

I have to say, now that I've had a 19 inch and 20 inch crash, I'll never be without one. In fact, if I was to bring just one crash to a gig, which I have done, it would be the 19 or 20.

Back