Wish me luck - could this be my next band?

Magenta

Platinum Member
Just saw this ad:

Hi, I'm looking for Keys, Guitar, Drums and Clarinet (and possibly sax and trumpet...) to join a vintage (mainly 1940s era) band. We've performed as a singing duo for the last 5 years, but we now need a full band to take us to the next stage. We've made some progress and have a couple of musicians on board, but we need more!! We play standards such as 'Don't Sit under the Apple Tree', 'Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy', and 'Everytime we say goodbye' as well as some of the modern artists who produce in a vintage sound such as Caro Emerald and Paloma Faith, we also re-work modern songs into a vintage style, so musical creativity is available, even though we don't do originals as such..... We have a large element of comedy to our act, so you MUST be able to have a laugh and not take yourself too seriously, even though we want quality musicians, it's meant to be fun too grin emoticon Please check out the page here https://www.facebook.com/goodnightsweetheartsband and pm me if you're interested. We dont care what gender, and you can be any age from 16 or 100, all are welcome (probably over 16 is best, as Kitty and Nel can get a bit post-watershed at times....) thanks!

Sounds a lot of fun, and pretty much right up my street :D I'd be chuffed to bits if they wanted me. Please keep everything crossed!

Just saw this ad:

Hi, I'm looking for Keys, Guitar, Drums and Clarinet (and possibly sax and trumpet...) to join a vintage (mainly 1940s era) band. We've performed as a singing duo for the last 5 years, but we now need a full band to take us to the next stage. We've made some progress and have a couple of musicians on board, but we need more!! We play standards such as 'Don't Sit under the Apple Tree', 'Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy', and 'Everytime we say goodbye' as well as some of the modern artists who produce in a vintage sound such as Caro Emerald and Paloma Faith, we also re-work modern songs into a vintage style, so musical creativity is available, even though we don't do originals as such..... We have a large element of comedy to our act, so you MUST be able to have a laugh and not take yourself too seriously, even though we want quality musicians, it's meant to be fun too grin emoticon Please check out the page here https://www.facebook.com/goodnightsweetheartsband and pm me if you're interested. We dont care what gender, and you can be any age from 16 or 100, all are welcome (probably over 16 is best, as Kitty and Nel can get a bit post-watershed at times....) thanks!

Sounds a lot of fun, and pretty much right up my street :D I'd be chuffed to bits if they wanted me. Please keep everything crossed!

Sounds like a larf does that...

Good luck. Might apply meself (joking)

Thanks, chicken! They've replied - they're interested! Watch this space :D

Looking forward to your first live vid.

I bet you are! Just wondering if I can recycle my Singapore Slingbacks frocks or WHETHER I'LL NEED SOME NEW ONES. I shall certainly need new hair :D

The two singers are horsey, too, which means they'll be completely batty. And there's a trumpeter who's interested. It just gets better and better. Starting to get really excited now!

Some of the Brit lingo you guys are using I don't have a clue of understanding, but I'm hoping to hear you get it if it's a good fit for ya. (You Brits talk funny, and you spell aluminum wrong, all the time. A good friend/ex flight instructor of mine is from Dagenham).

(You Brits talk funny, and you spell aluminum wrong, all the time.)

No we jolly well don't. You do. And you drive on the wrong side of the road.

There's a sax/clarinettist interested now. It's growing like Topsy!

I agree with Duncan - this sounds like a perfect fit Madge! I checked out the video of their piano player too. If that's anything to go by, this will push you, & that's a really good thing :)

Off to band rehearsal now - in other words, a puppy slapping session ;)

Sounds like a fabulous gig to me, sitting behind a full band, with good vocalists, playing that evocative stuff.......I envy you. Chin Chin, my dear

Do they do "In The Mood" by Glenn Miller Orchestra? I like that song.

Good luck with the audition.

Get your brushes Madge.
They HAVE to do 'In the Mood'. Maybe you can get them to give you a Gene Krupa style solo (what song is that Sing Sing?).

Sounds like a great gig and lot's of fun, too!!

Knock 'em dead, Madge. We've got your back!

Back