Mick Sonor love story

...thanks for posting...that's quite an impressive collection of sonor kits and snare drums you have (amongst other things)...

Took some time and a lot of expense to accumulate such treasure. Beautiful-Love me some suh-NOORs-folks around here call them SO-NARS. I wince and say nothing. Been corrected too many times mispronouncing other words LOL. I would be at a loss of what to play.

I am so numb right now,its not even funny..............amazing collection

Very cool. We do like pictures. Thanks for posting.

It looks like you ram raided the Sonor museum. Loving those Horst Links snare drums.

Unreal! I'm a huge Sonor fan, and this collection blows my mind!

That Amboina snare is one that I've been wanting for years. I've almost pulled the trigger a few times, but it's so damn expensive!

Would love to hear sound clips, especially of that snare.

#24...the gold sparkle snare... with that uber cool script logo...only has 7 lugs per side? How odd.

Congratulations on your gorgeous collection.

And I'm not the slightest bit curious to hear what they sound like. :)

I know that's a PITA. But geez what a tease. Showing us the mics and everything.

If you're looking for someone to beg to hear them, I have no pride, so I'll do it.

I'm begging ya man, post recordings.

Love Sonor drums! The HLD-582 is an instrument I'd like to own myself.
I agree with Larry, please post audio samples if you can.

Re: Mick's Sonor love story

Would it be fair to assume you like Sonor? ;)
Ha, ha, yes, it be fair! Years ago, I owned snares from Mapex, Yamaha, Pearl, Kirchhoff. But I thought its reasonable to concentrate only of Sonor stuff.
Sonor was my first love (I bought my first snare in 1988) and would be the last...

Cheers

Mick

Amazing collection...................good stuff

Took some time and a lot of expense to accumulate such treasure. Beautiful-Love me some suh-NOORs-folks around here call them SO-NARS. I wince and say nothing. Been corrected too many times mispronouncing other words LOL. I would be at a loss of what to play.

That 590 is immaculate! Nice score, sir!

I am so numb right now,its not even funny..............amazing collection

Very cool. We do like pictures. Thanks for posting.

Thanks for all the kind words. They appreciate a lot to me!

Cheers

Mick

It looks like you ram raided the Sonor museum.

Thank you! But everyone, who visited the original Sonor museum in Bad Berleburg, Aue would be very disappointed! They don´t cultivate the golden era in their show room!

Cheers

Mick

Last edited:
Unreal! I'm a huge Sonor fan, and this collection blows my mind!

That Amboina snare is one that I've been wanting for years. I've almost pulled the trigger a few times, but it's so damn expensive!

Would love to hear sound clips, especially of that snare.

Thank you! It's always a pleasure to meet Sonor fans all over the world!
It´s funny, that you emphasise the Amboina snare! In my opinion, its the only snare in my collection, which don´t match perfect to the other snares. Its an awesome snare, with an amazing sound, but it don´t like the badge...!
Last month there was an Amboina snare on Belgium ebay. For 450,-€. What a bargain! And the drum hasn't been sold!!!

Cheers

Mick

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back