How do you guys record...?

Nice. How did you get that "camera moving" effect? All I have is a Zoom HQ2D. It records well and has pretty good sound. I'm looking to do some covers myself, just haven't gotten comfortable enough with any one song to start.

Nice. How did you get that "camera moving" effect? All I have is a Zoom HQ2D. It records well and has pretty good sound. I'm looking to do some covers myself, just haven't gotten comfortable enough with any one song to start.

Camera man haha....but the camera didnt record any audio that all went through my mics and my mixer. Practice makes perfect.

Sounds awesome! Your playing is really good, and I like the sound of your recording/drums. I like how it's not over-processed like so many drum covers and videos found on youtube. Is that a PDP maple kit? It sounds really good. Like the sound of the Evans heads as well.

I've been setting up a home studio this past month and I am almost finished and totally pumped to start recording. I'm using the Audix DP7 mic kit and a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40. I'm going to start off using Adobe Audition to track because I already own the software but I might switch to Pro Tools 11 later on.... I also have Apple's Soundtrack Pro and I've been using that for making backing tracks for drum covers. I've been getting into funk music, and though I've found some good backing tracks without drums, I've really enjoyed making my own backing music in Soundtrack.

Here's a pic of my little studio....

Last edited:
Sounds awesome! Your playing is really good, and I like the sound of your recording/drums. I like how it's not over-processed like so many drum covers and videos found on youtube. Is that a PDP maple kit? It sounds really good. Like the sound of the Evans heads as well.

I've been setting up a home studio this past month and I am almost finished and totally pumped to start recording. I'm using the Audix DP7 mic kit and a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40. I'm going to start off using Adobe Audition to track because I already own the software but I might switch to Pro Tools 11 later on.... I also have Apple's Soundtrack Pro and I've been using that for making backing tracks for drum covers. I've been getting into funk music, and though I've found some good backing tracks without drums, I've really enjoyed making my own backing music in Soundtrack.

Here's a pic of my little studio....

Dude that's absolutely beautiful! I love DWs...and yes it is a PDP m5 maple....only heads that are evans are the toms lol....i actually just switched over to all Remo. And thanks it means a lot...i try to stand out a little in a different way with the recording process...i don't have the best out there so i do what i can.

Dude that's absolutely beautiful! I love DWs...and yes it is a PDP m5 maple....only heads that are evans are the toms lol....i actually just switched over to all Remo. And thanks it means a lot...i try to stand out a little in a different way with the recording process...i don't have the best out there so i do what i can.

You know, I've been a Evans guy forever but I just put an Ambassador X on my new snare and I am really liking it. I might have to try the emperors on my toms next...

What kind of recording gear do you have? (mics, DAW, interface)

You know, I've been a Evans guy forever but I just put an Ambassador X on my new snare and I am really liking it. I might have to try the emperors on my toms next...

What kind of recording gear do you have? (mics, DAW, interface)

Yeah same here but finally settled on remo for now lol. My mic setup....
Snare - GLS ES57
Toms - audio technica mb dk4
Bass - mb dk 4 (bass and tom pack)
Overheads - Behringer c-2

Mixer - korg d888

Daw - Garadge band currently...( used vls and pro tools before dont have acces as of now)
How about you..? And here another vid! The camera quality isnt as good but the audio recording done like last time.
http://youtu.be/N6GB_cp1oWw

Gargeband is awesome. I'm always looking for drumless backing music to play along to. I'll randomly find stuff online, but most of it is not royally free so I can't record with it and post it online (at least within ethical boundaries). I started using Soundtrack Pro because I had experience with it, but I'm really growing to like Garageband. I've been making a lot of funk music, but I've expanded my compositions to more electronic/rock/pop stuff which is really fun to play along to. Though it lacks certain "pro" features, Garageband is a really awesome tool, especially for drummers doing home studio recording and composing.

Also, I don't know if you're interested in sound proofing or need any, but I was able to find an amazing deal on ebay from FoamFactory. For $38 (includes shipping) I was able to get 44 of the 12"x12", 2" thick foam tiles and 4 of the 24"x24", 1" thick panels. They were considered "remnant" foam, with some being discolored, etc, but they were essentially brand new.

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121114

Kick: Sennheiser E602 II
Snare: Shure SM57
Overheads: 2X Audio-Technica AT2020
Interface: Zoom R16
DAW: Garageband

Gargeband is awesome. I'm always looking for drumless backing music to play along to.

Have you considered taking up guitar or bass? The fundamentals of bass come quite quickly. Alternatively, get a cheap Yamaha 61-key USB keyboard and have a blast. Some of the sounds in GB are not too horribad.

Back