What's your latest purchase?

I haven't been here in a while, but I figured I could add my last purchase. It was a big one.

But no throne, what a shame :p Was it an entire package deal or was it just rack/drums?

I'm done buying drums after this guy, time to start selling.

Attachments

• IMG_0011_resize_web.jpg
    IMG_0011_resize_web.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 725
Trick GS007 Chrome
Retrofit Plate(thanks, Mike)
....ready to make the Ludwig 402 gig ready again
[Goodbye, p-85.

Mike's Retrofit Plates are great!!! Very nice looking snare.

Thanks. I liked using the Luddie for live gigs, but the p-85 was constantly coming loose, and not engaging/disengaging properly. It made an otherwise great snare very frustrating to use. After removing the rubber lug gaskets, I added the other upgrades- Puresound snares, a batter S-hoop, and new snare cords. The Trick and the retro plate complete the mods, and now its time to get back in action.

Just completed the purchase of a paiste dimension 16' crash cymbal on ebay. The first step in what will probably be a lengthy journey of replacing existing zht/zbt cymbals. Fingers crossed it'll get here next week.

Thanks. I liked using the Luddie for live gigs, but the p-85 was constantly coming loose, and not engaging/disengaging properly. It made an otherwise great snare very frustrating to use. After removing the rubber lug gaskets, I added the other upgrades- Puresound snares, a batter S-hoop, and new snare cords. The Trick and the retro plate complete the mods, and now its time to get back in action.

That's a purty-looking snare right there.

I haven't shared any photos of my kit for a damn while, I'll have to do that soon as I've bought quite a few things!

Just ordered a 15" Sabian AAX X-Plosion Crash. Pretty excited because I'm getting tired of my crappy ZXT's lol.
mVx9DLO.jpg

Just ordered 5 SKB Roto X hardshell cases for 20% off, and the large SKB hardware/trap case for 60% off along with a Zildjian cymbal bag, Vic Firth timpani mallets and a pack of Moongels all discounted. The amount of money I save on new gear having my guitar played work at Guitar Center is absolutely ridiculous. =]

Here's some stock photos of what I should be getting here shortly:
pimage_184998.jpg

DV016_Jpg_Large_544725_trap_case_closed_R.jpg
(actually already have this but it's at the band house and I don't have any pictures)

Just ordered 5 SKB Roto X hardshell cases for 20% off, and the large SKB hardware/trap case for 60% off along with a Zildjian cymbal bag, Vic Firth timpani mallets and a pack of Moongels all discounted. The amount of money I save on new gear having my guitar played work at Guitar Center is absolutely ridiculous. =]

Here's some stock photos of what I should be getting here shortly:
pimage_184998.jpg

DV016_Jpg_Large_544725_trap_case_closed_R.jpg
(actually already have this but it's at the band house and I don't have any pictures)

Congrats, and good luck with that big hardware case. When my medium SKB hardware case is full, it is almost too much for me to horse into a vehicle, and usually smarter as a two-man lift. I can't imagine what a filled large case might weigh.

I can't imagine what a filled large case might weigh.

I've been anxious to find out and I will tomorrow morning as I get to schlep my stuff in it for the first time to a morning gig. I don't have TOO much hardware, so I should probably be able to lift it myself.

I'm seriously stoked to finally have hardcases. I have a set of flimsy Roadrunner bags that are an absolute PITA to get the drums in, and they hardly offer any protection. Not good for a high end set.

I picked up a Paiste Traditional Medium Light Ride on eBay. I absolutely love it.

My schmaltzy video is here.

Trad_front.jpg

I picked up a Paiste Traditional Medium Light Ride on eBay. I absolutely love it.

My schmaltzy video is here.

Trad_front.jpg

I liked your video, but Jeez, how many cymbals do you have? I struggle to use the three on my electronic kit, but it wouldn't look as cool as all those shiny ones you have if I added more. :)

Picked up this very nice 20" Paiste Traditional Light ride yesterday.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 629
New_Snare.jpg

Chicago Custom Percussion snare - not a purchase but a gift from my wife for my 60th birthday. A whole different beast compared with my 12" Sonor Protean! My wife chose the shell and hoops, the colors, and included 60 red stars painted around the perimeter. Love that woman!

Last edited:
Sweet score Wildbill!

In a band I was in 40 years ago, our guitarist had a Gretsch Chet Atkins Tennessean. It was a beautiful looking AND sounding axe. He took a lot of stick for having a "country" guitar in a rock band in the early 70s but I loved the sound of that beauty.

My cases arrived today! I spent a few minutes before practice playing Tetris with empty cases to see how I could get them to fit while using the least space as possible. I was able to get everything in the back with only 1/3 of the back seats down! With plenty of room for other band mates' gear too.
10268428_10152542140046380_3156535070866059385_n.jpg

10593061_10152542139696380_2649062788196483640_n.jpg

Back