No Drums For 2-3 Weeks :(

Beam Me Up Scotty

Silver Member
So I'm working as a roofer for my summer job, and yesterday I happened to gash the back of my hand quite badly. I was driven to the hospital, where I waited 4 1/2 hours to get stitches and be told that I might have tendon damage. As such, I was given a splint to prevent movement, and told I cannot use my left hand for 2 - 3 weeks, until a plastic surgeon can see me, and ultimately determine whether or not tendon damage occurred.

So no drums, no work... Needless to say, I'm quite frustrated at the moment. I just hope it heals up quickly, and I can get back to drumming ASAP

rickallen.jpg

Just sayin'. :p

Seriously, heal quickly. I hope you're both back at work and your drums as quickly as possible.

Ouch! Literally and figuratively.

Just spend that time listening to some music.

That sucks, real sorry to hear.

I think I'd still practice, just not using that hand.. You might learn new things.

I wish you a speedy recovery! Maybe in your down time, continue to play, just don't use the damaged hand. Or does the doctor want you to be completely inactive?

Yea, you said you hurt one hand, I didn't see where you can't play drums. Three out of four limbs ain't bad.

I couldn't play for 8 weeks about 4 years ago after breaking my wrist. Didn't stop me from playing. Like others said work on your other hand, work on foot exercises. If you haven't work on rudiments with your feet and different hand foot combinations. You can still play you just can't use that limb. Don't let that stop you ;-)

Luckily (unluckily?) it was my weak side that was injured. I most certainly plan on drumming still, but I just won't be able to sit down and just... groove. I've got band practice tonight, so we'll see how fun that'll be, one handed.

Back