Which 18" china?

Bonefrost

Would you guys recommend?
World Percussion
Wuhan
B8 Pro

I like the B8 pro,but don't like a round bell on a china,on the other hand I read Wuhan is using thinner bronze now.
Never heard of WP.
Gonna be using Ahead sticks soon too if that matters,right now I'm using ProMark 7a hickory.
Advice would be appreciated,I'd like to buy it today.
Thanks,
BNz'

I would recommend a Zildjian 24" swish cymbal with three rivets. Don't buy junk.

That probably cost as much as my kit!
I'm a beginner and B8 pro is as low as I'll go,but I'm looking for an 18" china $70 or less used.
Thanks

Wuhan has a nice one w/ rivets!lol!

If you are a begginer, how do you know you prefer chinas that don't have a round bell, anyway how can a china not have a round bell? B8 pro is a good shout, they're thin enough, it'll definitely do the job

Main reason is I like them upside down or whatever and they seem to mount better w/ the flat top on the bell IMO.
I've been in bands and around nice drum kits for about 30yrs.I'm a guitar player,but have been around drums and obviously fidddled around w/ them that whole time.
Now I'm old and the Metal years are over,I have to do everything myself.So its time to pickup the sticks.

I like your quote at the bottom,its definetly more fun to play an instrument that functions properly.

I prefer the Wuhans myself. Currently I use a 16" and 18", the differences in sound between the two are minimal with the 18" having a little more projection. If you are looking for inexpensive the Wuhans are a good way to go. I had a had an 18" B8 China before the Wuhans and didn't like it at all. Start off with a $50 16" and see if it suits you.

I'm thinking the 18" w/ rivets,just don't know how they effect the integrity of the cymbal.The 2 Wuhans I'm looking at have the rivets in different places.I don't like them around the "ridge",1 is like that the other is a couple in. in from the ridge,thats cool.
The 18" is only $15 more.

Anyone else?

like this don't like the first one,I've seen a few china cracked right along that ridge

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 134
  • $_35.jpg
    $_35.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 132
Of the choices you listed I'd go with the Wuhan.

If you mount it inverted I'd recommend putting it on an Aquarian Heavy Duty Cymbal Spring. Cheap insurance.

Just realized from your other thread that you're a local.

I'd go with a used one. Some great pawnshops here in the valley. In the interest of making friends I could keep my eyes open in my travels and shoot you a PM if I see something you'd like. Are you in the Phoenix area?

Personally I'd stay away from Wuhan and B8s. Cheap stuff.

Edit: Rivets don't really weaken, they just change the sound and give it that sizzley character, pretty popular in Jazz.

Just realized from your other thread that you're a local.

I'd go with a used one. Some great pawnshops here in the valley. In the interest of making friends I could keep my eyes open in my travels and shoot you a PM if I see something you'd like. Are you in the Phoenix area?

Personally I'd stay away from Wuhan and B8s. Cheap stuff.

Edit: Rivets don't really weaken, they just change the sound and give it that sizzley character, pretty popular in Jazz.

Cool,Thanks Red Menace!

Wuhan got here today,thin and trashy.Gonna wait til I get my cymbal stand spring before I really play it.Glad I went w/ the 18".

Back