Used cymbals?

ebay is the obvious place to look. Also check out local newspapers, a lot of them have "Musical Instruments For Sale" sections, and larger music stores may also have used cymbals for sale.

Depending on your are, Craigslist can have good deals. I usually use eBay. I think I bought three cymbals new out of the ten or so I've bought in the past year.

I bought ALL my cymbals (2 rides, 6 crashes, 2 sets of hats) used on ebay. Amazing deals if you're diligent and patient. They're all Zildjian A, Sabian AA and AAX. I didn't pay more than $110 for anything (OK, $130 for a set of New Beats). I bought virtually all in auction-format sales. Seems like ebay Buy-it-Now and CL prices are a bit more inflated.

I bought ALL my cymbals (2 rides, 6 crashes, 2 sets of hats) used on ebay. Amazing deals if you're diligent and patient. They're all Zildjian A, Sabian AA and AAX. I didn't pay more than $110 for anything (OK, $130 for a set of New Beats). I bought virtually all in auction-format sales. Seems like ebay Buy-it-Now and CL prices are a bit more inflated.

They would be because it's easier and quicker than going through the auction process. In addition, dual-format eBay listings(both buy it now and auction)' max auction price is limited by the Buy It Now because obviously nobody would bid higher when they could just buy it immediately, so sellers don't want the BIN too low. Most people just list one or the other.

I almost bought a $200 Mb20 Heavy Bell ride the other day (normally 370) but then I dropped my phone and broke the screen entirely. Now I'm waiting to see if I am going to need to buy another one. In other purchases, I got two of Travis Orbin's old cymbals for $300 (normally much more), a 17" Holy China for $150, a pair of 14" Byzance Dark Spectrum hats for $200 (absolutely phenomenal hats)... there are a lot of great deals.

Where are you? There's a chain of stores called Music Go Round that sells used stuff. I've occasionally found good cymbals in the local store.

Out here we have a local chain of stores called The Starving Musician (they have an online presence as well) that has tons of used stuff. Their used inventory is about as big as their new stuff.

A couple of other independent shops do consignment sales and have a room or area for that stuff. I've found deals there as well.

There ought to be something similar around where you are.

Back