26" WFL Bass Drum w/ My Stage Customs

?uesto

Silver Member
So I had to deliver this bass drum to a local concert hall, and I got to take it home afterward since my store was closed. So I set it up with my drums to see what it would look like. I want to keep this thing!

The drum is from the late 20's or 30's, from what I understand, and has the external tone control as well as clamp-on claw hooks. This thing is incredible!

Drums
  • 12"x26" WFL Bass Drum (20's-30's)
  • 6.5"x14" Premier Brass Snare Drum (Early 80's)
  • 9"x12" Yamaha Stage Custom Mounted Tom
  • 14"x14" Yamaha Stage Custom Floor Tom
  • 16"x16" Yamaha Stage Custom Floor Tom

Cymbals
  • 15" Zildjian Vintage A Hi-Hats
  • 18" Zildjian A Custom Crash
  • 22" Zildjian Vintage A Ride
  • 20" Zildjian K Constantinople Ride
  • 18" Zidljian Oriental China

9vjhuh.jpg

344z1va.jpg

mj45na.jpg

200hj.jpg

2ag29v8.jpg

Last edited:
It looks incredible. How does it sound?

Nice. I have a 26x14 Ludwig & Ludwig, that I had a maple veneer added to, so it matches my 69/71 3 ply's. It had those same button lugs and single tension rods. And clip on spurs. Mine's dated 1940. Those old WFL and Ludwig drums are waaay cool. That looks real nice with your kit. With the hoops matching the color of the toms, it integrates real well.​

Looks great together. Love the wood vibe.
A bit of distance to travel from the 12 tom over to the floors though?

It looks incredible. How does it sound?

Doesn't work well for my rock band, but would be great in a big band setting or something. It was actually rented for a touring folk band who just needed the one drum. Not sure how they used it. If this were mine, I'd throw a towel in there and tune it down a bit, but I'm scared to touch this thing the wrong way. Wouldn't dare hit my pedal the way I would as if I were playing. She's got the original calf-skins on her.

Looks great together. Love the wood vibe.
A bit of distance to travel from the 12 tom over to the floors though?

Definitely not walking distance, to say the least...

Back