Ludwig Centennial Zep kit information

From Ludwig:

"They are only available to Guitar Center/Musicians Friend and International dealers by direct containers. We no longer stock them or offer them through the independent channel."

So in the States, they're a GC exclusive - ya learn something new every day!

Bermuda

Thanks Bermuda. Do you have any idea how long Ludwig plans on keeping them available to Guitar Center/Musician's Friend?

I am kind of nervous they may stop producing them before I pull the trigger.

No idea on the Ludwig/GC plan, their relationship with Ludwig has been kinda interesting over the last several years. I'd say grab the drums while they're listed as being available.

Bermuda

....I am kind of nervous they may stop producing them before I pull the trigger.

If you're sure those are the ones you want - get them now. Don't wait.
I've procrastinated too long on a few things, missed out, and then regretted it.

I saw a set of those Centennials recently in Green Sparkle. Great looking and sounding drums. Not my sizes, and not in the market right now though.

Thanks Bermuda. Do you have any idea how long Ludwig plans on keeping them available to Guitar Center/Musician's Friend?

I am kind of nervous they may stop producing them before I pull the trigger.

No disrespect intended,but you're asking crystal ball questions now.You want a "Bonham" sized kit,but you're worried about the sizes? Yes,his smallest tom was 14,and then 15" later on,over a 26" bass drum.If you're average height,that should be no problem.A 26" drum,will take some getting used to,but it's not an insurmountable obstacle.The 26 " bass drum,at one time,was the STANDARD...for years.

Ludwig,may stop production ..tomorrow,just like that.Musical instrument manufacturers,especially drum builders,like Tama,do that all the time.

If you have the money.what are you waiting for?Is there a GC near you that has a kit set up?

My friend,you're over thinking this by a wide margin.The dead horse,has been beaten enough.He,.... who hesitstes,...is lost.WE,can't make up your mind for you.....that's your job.You already have all the information you need.

Steve B

No disrespect intended,but you're asking crystal ball questions now.You want a "Bonham" sized kit,but you're worried about the sizes? Yes,his smallest tom was 14,and then 15" later on,over a 26" bass drum.If you're average height,that should be no problem.A 26" drum,will take some getting used to,but it's not an insurmountable obstacle.The 26 " bass drum,at one time,was the STANDARD...for years.

Ludwig,may stop production ..tomorrow,just like that.Musical instrument manufacturers,especially drum builders,like Tama,do that all the time.

If you have the money.what are you waiting for?Is there a GC near you that has a kit set up?

My friend,you're over thinking this by a wide margin.The dead horse,has been beaten enough.He,.... who hesitstes,...is lost.WE,can't make up your mind for you.....that's your job.You already have all the information you need.

Steve B

None taken. I know I am overthinking it. And I am very familiar with every set up he played. Not sure why I am stalling over it. Just never sat at a kit that big before. Its time though. Going to go for it. Will post pictures when I receive them.

And thanks. You're right.

I put a deposit down on a Moto kit in Silver Sparkle and I'm really excited. I didn't want to spend a fortune and getting this kit used was an excellent deal for me. I'll post some pics when I pick them up in a couple weeks.

This is a totally rookie question but with an undrilled kick drum how does one work the rack tom? Would it be a clamp/cymbal stand combo or a conventional snare stand, or both? Please help.

This is a totally rookie question but with an undrilled kick drum how does one work the rack tom? Would it be a clamp/cymbal stand combo or a conventional snare stand, or both? Please help.

There's a few options you can use. You can clamp the tom arm to a cymbal stand. You can get a dedicated stand to house the tom arm. Or you can use a snare stand.

This is pretty old but I really like mine now I've switched the 20" bass for a 26"x14".

Attachments

• IMG_4855.JPG
    IMG_4855.JPG
    154.2 KB · Views: 3,015
  • IMG_6179.JPG
    IMG_6179.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 2,808
I had a Silver Sparkle 24/12/16/18 set up.
Great quality at a very attractive price.
I bought them in 2011. They sounded great right out of the box.
The "free" snare drum wasn't all that, but the other drums were absolutely stunning and well made.
They sounded like cannons.
I gigged and played the heck out of them for 6 years.
I just sold them to the local Guitar Center here to help finance my Super Classic project. They were re-sold in 2 weeks.
I will add this: As nice as they are they are not Classic Maples.

Attachments

• Centennial Kit for Sale.jpg
    Centennial Kit for Sale.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 3,358
Really? No seams? How is that even possible? My Silver Glass Glitter Classic Maple kit definitely has seams. *Two* seams on the bass drum hoops :(

--
Steve

Hard to believe that's a lacquer from the picture. It looks like it has to be glass embedded in a wrap.

--
Steve

Back