Ludwig's new Signet 105 drum line!

That's the other problem, the snare doesn't even come with the kit! He should have focused more on the toms & kick.

You may notice that in my 4 kit demo, I didn't hit any of the snares. Maybe it's because I'm smrt.

Bermuda

yes, I caught that. you played the same fill, same attack on all the kits to give the best representation you could at the time. I keep liking this kit more and more.

....The unprocessed, digital camera clip of me playing the 4 US lines at NAMM sounds better than the GC clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX3jyXt7Alk

Bermuda

Nice! Now that's the way it should be done. A comparison like that is almost impossible to come by.
It'd be fantastic if you start a trend that all manufacturers would pick up on.

Usually, if you go to youtube or whatever to compare kits, they're all done individually and in different ways, and by the time you get done shuffling back and forth, the sound is no longer fresh in your mind. Especially if going through four kits like you did.

Well done. And those Signets sound very good.

I ran by GC in OC today and they had the small ebony kit setup so I messed around on it foe a few minutes. This kit was with the 20" kick drum.

To my humble old ears the toms sounded nice. Somewhat a low tuning, top and bottom heads were tuned just about the same. Pretty much in my tuning range. The kick drum sounded great too. Stock reso head with a Gmad batter. No muffling on anything.

End result, I must own one someday! Lol

I got to play a Teak set of these in the bop sizes yesterday at Guitar Center. My overall impressions of the looks in person, is the same in real life, I don't like the look. The hardware, the teak finish (although on computer, the ebony looks better for my taste I knew).

The sound was pretty good. For a kit in this price range, the quality is there, I just can't get over the looks of it myself. But I think for many, its a great option, they just don't speak to me.

I will have a review shortly, on the gig with them right now!

So I took a trip to GC last night and they had the natural 4 pc kit set up, 10,12,16, 22 and WOWOWOWOW.

After some very small adjustments they just blew me away. I went back to the kit three times and even had the guy working there sit at the kit so I could get in front of it to make sure my ears were working right.

With the Ludwig heads on the kit it blew me away. For under a grand I dont think there has ever been a better sounding kit.

It is absolutely making me rethink the order of my Centennial kit.

All of the questions I had about this kit melted away by sitting at it for five minutes. All of the holes were clean in the toms, no splinters. The toms sung and the bass drum hit you in the chest and was warm.

I dont think you can appreciate these things until you sit down at them. I think the quality of sound bar has been raised for kits under a grand.

It was VERY VERY hard to leave the store without the kit.

Cool, glad you dug them! They're really not too different from Classic Maples, and for a lot less $$! :)

Bermuda

If anybody wants a set of these, a certain large chain store that sells used gear has the NAMM set "unused" for $599.00. Seems like a good deal to me.

If anybody wants a set of these, a certain large chain store that sells used gear has the NAMM set "unused" for $599.00. Seems like a good deal to me.

Awesome. Even with tax and shipping it's about $700. Great deal for the 4 piece. It doesn't say what finish it is.
However, guessing from the NAMM videos of the Signets and that it's a 4 piece, I'd guess it's the Macassar ebony.

Last edited:
Although only one Ebony kit was displayed at NAMM, there were two... and I have both. :) If someone else has an Ebony kit that they claim was at NAMM, they're joking or lying.

There were 3 other Signet kits there: a 3-pc (20/12/14 in Alpine Blue) and two kits (both Teak) that were displayed as 22/12/16. Those would have been the 4-pc models, except I never saw the 10" toms that should have come with them. I don't know for sure that they were complete TeraBeat outfits.

So, the only available kit I can vouch for that was complete, was the Alpine Blue GigaBeat* 3-pc (which is the kit GC photographed for their ads.)

But at $599 for the 3 drums, that's a steal!

Bermuda

* Hmmmm, GigaBeat, TeraBeat... I wonder if the next step up is PetaBeat!?

Although only one Ebony kit was displayed at NAMM, there were two... and I have both. :) If someone else has an Ebony kit that they claim was at NAMM, they're joking or lying.

There were 3 other Signet kits there: a 3-pc (20/12/14 in Alpine Blue) and two kits (both Teak) that were displayed as 22/12/16. Those would have been the 4-pc models, except I never saw the 10" toms that should have come with them. I don't know for sure that they were complete TeraBeat outfits.

So, the only available kit I can vouch for that was complete, was the Alpine Blue GigaBeat* 3-pc (which is the kit GC photographed for their ads.)

But at $599 for the 3 drums, that's a steal!

Bermuda

* Hmmmm, GigaBeat, TeraBeat... I wonder if the next step up is PetaBeat!?

Bermuda,

I guess they meant it was the same kit debuted at NAMM this year. It didn't imply it was the exact kit at NAMM. Sorry for the confusion.

USED LUDWIG 4PC SIGNET 105 SERIES. UNUSED. MINT. FROM NAMM

That's the description in the ad. No photos up yet so not sure of the color.

That's just a ridiculous cheap deal for the 4pc! Even if you didn't like the drums, you'd be happy at that price!

It will be interesting to see how much of a market there is for these drums outside North America. Particularly in the UK Ludwig has a low presence and the fact that the drums are North American Maple is less of a concern over here.

It seems like a nice idea and I do like the Alpi-a-like veneers they're using.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Stor...UNUSED--MINT--FROM-NAMM-109836044-i3647160.gc

"....This product is either sold out or not available...."

That was quick - ha ha.

Edit - Whoa - when I made the post, it said unavailable. After posting and clicking the link, a different page showed up, looking like it's available.
Never can tell what's up with them.
Go to the GC main page, type in "Ludwig Signet" in the search box, click the used one (far right), and the unavailable page shows up.

If this is NOT in fact a four piece kit... Will you be stuck paying the shipping anyway? Will you be able to just turn them back in? Because it specifically says FOUR piece.

From what I have heard, there were only three pieces.

If this is NOT in fact a four piece kit... Will you be stuck paying the shipping anyway? Will you be able to just turn them back in? Because it specifically says FOUR piece.

From what I have heard, there were only three pieces.

Probably best just to call the store. As wildbill said GC is funny about online inventory with used gear. I saw a Centennial kit on there last week that I liked. It said it was not available two or three times and when I decided to pull the trigger they still had it at the store.

I just spoke with them at this GC location. It's the three piece, not 4 as TheHeelDrummer has already mentioned and it's the Indian Teak finish. They're changing the item online to reflect. They say it IS a kit that was at NAMM.

I just spoke with them at this GC location. It's the three piece, not 4... They say it IS a kit that was at NAMM.

Well, if it's a 22/12/16, then it could be one of the two Teak kits from NAMM (even though that's only a partial TeraBeat configuration - the 10" is missing.)

Still a steal at $599!

Bermuda

Back