Getting madder by the day

A-customs

Silver Member
So after much research as to what kit to get........Then finally settled on the sizes I Ordered The Ludwig Cavern Downbeat Club Date kit from Drummer Superstore in IN . OVER THE PHOne on the 14th. Its now Saturday Morning and i still dont have a tracking # In otherwords it has not left the warehouse in North Carolina yet.......Was told at the time of sale,that it was in stock...And with any luck i could have it by the weekend......That aint happening............Im Pissed.......Talked to store and late thursday afternoon,and was told i would have a # by yesterday.........Im worried as its supposed to get real cold again by mid week . Thinking about calling this afternoon and canceling the order if i dont have it in route..Am i being a little tough on them,or should i lighten up.......I Mean customer service is supposed to be their calling card and i dont feel as thou im being taken care of.I Really want these and i got a nice price on them........Imput????

I didn't have an ideal experience with them but they meant well, and came good in the end. I got an extra bass drum out if it so I'm happy. Brad is a nice guy. I think they have communication problems but nothing you can't solve by phone or cc'ing them all in an email.

.....Was told at the time of sale,that it was in stock...And with any luck i could have it by the weekend......
"With any luck" is the key phrase here. Ok, they were perhaps a little optimistic, but they didn't give you a definite delivery date. It's now 1 day past when you would ideally like to receive them. Not a big deal is it really? If you got a really good price, I suspect they're not using a premium courier service, so there's always some + or - anyhow.

If you'd been waiting 2 weeks, I could understand your concern, but to think in terms of cancelling your order because they're a day or two past your ideal "with luck" date, is quite an over reaction IMO.

Thanks guys.... On the other point.Should i be concerned on the shipping in very cold temps???Its UPS

Thanks guys.... On the other point.Should i be concerned on the shipping in very cold temps???Its UPS
Do you mean how will the drums be affected by the cold? If so, answer is don't worry. Ply shells are absolutely fine, but like any instrument, beware of condensation forming from warming them up too quickly. I advise leaving them in their packaging in the coolest part of your property for a few hours before setting them up.

Well my bass drum hoop was crackt so i order a new one ,"well sir it will take about 3 months to order????, "and you have to pay out front!,.and no special color just black.
So sometimes simple thing will take a wile I guess?

My god, this is what I absolutely hate about today's society. Instant gratification, people whining when you don't answer a cell phone, jumping in the the merge lanes to get ahead 3 cars. Patience is a virtue, I guess that quote rings more true today than ever before.

I don't know this would fit into that instant gratification issue. Communication is key in any transaction, and unlike physically walking into a store and walking out with merchandise there is always a risk with dealing with companies at a distance. I've done business with companies that have taken as long as 3 months to fulfill an order. Granted this was years ago, but even at that time there where any number of options for ANY business operation to allow customers to see the progress of their order.

This type of thing also happens when business exaggerate what they have in stock. Not saying that's the case here, but when that happens to me there's a 99% chance I'll never do business with you again.

I had a single luke-warm transaction with them. I wanted an add-on floor tom for my Sonor set. Must have been a floor model, came packed loosely in the original box with some packaging missing. UPS added a big hole to the side of the box, but fortunately the tom was o.k. Kind of uneven communication, and took longer than I expected, but I would for sure buy stuff from them if they were a little closer (about 90 minutes or so). Probably pretty decent people, and I have no idea how special orders work...

Do you think ordering drums is (and should be) like ordering burgers in a drive-through window?
I think a little patience goes a long way. They're not fast food.

This is the society we live in today. Promise the moon to get the sale (job, girl, whatever) and apologize later. Once they've got your money or commitment, then it's the race to the bottom to fulfill it as "cost effectively" as possible. All while keep up a front that says they "Exceed customer expectations". A phrase which is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me because I saw if develop as an "improvement" over the proposition that "quality is meeting the customer's expectations" from Philip Crosby's seminal quality book "Quality is Free". The original concept is that the ideal is that things work exactly as you expect them too. Less is a lack of service and more is a waste of money. But legions of business consultants with self promotion on their minds more than a clue have perverted the concept into the morass we have today.

Okay, off the soapbox and back to warming up for tonight's gig.

Patience is a virtue, but so is competence.

I had a not so good experience with a different store this week.
The bad part is, it's a store that I didn't have too many complaints about before
I went in person to get some stuff they had listed on their site at that particular store.
When I got there, some of the stuff wasn't listed on their in store computer - but it still showed up on mine when I got home.
The stuff that they did have took a very long time to find.
No one knew where it was.

To the OP - I'd be a little nervous about it too, but not to the point of cancelling the order.
Give it a little time, and odds are, it'll all work out just fine.

Re your thread title. It literally means that you are getting more insane with everyday that passes. Now of course you dont reference this at all in your post you speak of being angry and "pissed off" about an order that has not arrived in as timely a manner as you would have liked. I feel somewhat mislead. Mad=insane Madness=insanity, however i dont believe that madder is actually a word and even if it is it doesnt strike me as being pertinent to the problem. Unless you are so angry and upset that it is driving you to madness but your post seems to indicate otherwise

My god, this is what I absolutely hate about today's society. Instant gratification, people whining when you don't answer a cell phone, jumping in the the merge lanes to get ahead 3 cars. Patience is a virtue, I guess that quote rings more true today than ever before.

Sorry to sound like im Whining,Perhaps i am.Said business says i will have tracking # by yesterday And i Still dont. Your Right im Whining........Patience is waining.....

Sorry to sound like im Whining,Perhaps i am.Said business says i will have tracking # by yesterday And i Still dont. Your Right im Whining........Patience is waining.....

Don't sweat it...maintain composure and deal with them professionally. It will work out.

I've ordered some full kits from Amazon and also buy all my heads, sticks, etc etc....and it has been really good. Of course you may not always find what you want.

Re your thread title. It literally means that you are getting more insane with everyday that passes. Now of course you dont reference this at all in your post you speak of being angry and "pissed off" about an order that has not arrived in as timely a manner as you would have liked. I feel somewhat mislead. Mad=insane Madness=insanity, however i dont believe that madder is actually a word and even if it is it doesnt strike me as being pertinent to the problem. Unless you are so angry and upset that it is driving you to madness but your post seems to indicate otherwise

mad adjective \ˈmad\ : http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mad

: very angry

mad [mad] : http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mad
adjective, mad·der, mad·dest.

2. enraged; greatly provoked or irritated; angry.

mad : http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/mad

1.3 • informal very angry:

mad adjective \ˈmad\ : http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mad

: very angry

mad [mad] : http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mad
adjective, mad·der, mad·dest.

2. enraged; greatly provoked or irritated; angry.

mad : http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/mad

1.3 • informal very angry:

Hmm seems the definition has changed. I was looking at merriam-webster 1929 or 30 edition. It was my grandfathers. I must get an older one because that will be a bit more accurate language wise though not common usage wise obviously

Hmm seems the definition has changed. I was looking at merriam-webster 1929 or 30 edition. It was my grandfathers. I must get an older one because that will be a bit more accurate language wise though not common usage wise obviously

What is more accurate about an older dictionary? Do you use a 1929 road map to navigate when you drive?

You've got to be yanking our chains. I'm not falling for it. :)

I haven't ordered any big stuff lately, but have ordered all kinds of smaller items that have tracking, like bulk razor blades and things. ALL of these orders have been missing the
delivery date by a few days lately. It has to do with cold, icing on the roads etc.

Be patient, do call them and check for a status update so you know what is expected.

When you get them.....well, this will all be long forgotten!

What is more accurate about an older dictionary? Do you use a 1929 road map to navigate when you drive?

You've got to be yanking our chains. I'm not falling for it. :)

No, not yanking your chain at all. An older dictionary will be closer to a word's creation and actual or original meaning. In English almost every word has been adopted at one point or another to have a slang meaning different from it's actual meaning. Mad is a very good example. Gay a very good current one that has been adopted for a slang usage that is very different from it's actual meaning. I believe that the first time in literature that it was used in such a way was a Noel Coward play in the 20's so that meaning hasnt been in use all that long (in comparison with how long the word has been around, over 400 years.) So for a bit more than 3 centuries it meant one thing and that usage continued/continues(sing the Flintstones theme from the 1960's for an example of it being used correctly) but now it has a slang meaning that is very different and they are vying for prominence. Broadcast is another good example. It is a farming term meaning casting seed in a very wide pattern while standing in a single point. Literally flinging seed out from a single point to a wider area The radio industry adopted it because it was and is a good analogy for how a radio transmission works. It is sent out from a single point and is flung out over a wide space.
It was a term that was known and used by a very large portion of the population as we were still a largely agricultural country when radio started regular commercial transmissions. Now when we say broadcast we dont tend to even think of it's actual meaning but use it to mean a radio,television and even internet transmission. (I worked at a "radio" station where, even though it was internet only, they still referred to each transmission as a broadcast.) Now as to maps. A very different type of publication that serves a very different purpose.A map's purpose is to aid navigation. For a map to be effective it must be updated regularly to take into account changes to the area you would wish to navigate.

Back