Take the Drummerworld QUIZ!

Ok, make it 4.

Yes, I suppose there are four. I never noticed that Airto or "Bermuda" were listed twice, but now I see that. But there's still one more that I've noticed, and no one's guessed it yet.

Here's who we have so far: Ringo, Bermuda and Airto. And the 4th drummer to be listed twice is...... (who knows, maybe there's even more than four?)

i gonna take a guess and say a bass drum (since someone said drum kit and it wasn't enough)

nope, I'm looking for something very specific. I'll give you all a hint: It was a "special issue" about [something].

5............and counting

Yes, at least 5 drummers appear twice, as 4 have been identified yet there's at least one more I know of that no one's come up with. Also, no one's correctly guessed questions 4 or 6. Any more takers?

#4: I think it was an issue dealing with entry-level drumsets. It featured five or six kits from the major manufacturers. Pearl, Tama, Ludwig, Yamaha, Premier. By the way the Tama Rockstar was deemed the best entry-level kit.

6. nanny ta ta............

YES! I just made that one up. The others can be found here:

http://www.vicfirth.com/education/hybrid_rudiments.php

#4: I think it was an issue dealing with entry-level drumsets. It featured five or six kits from the major manufacturers. Pearl, Tama, Ludwig, Yamaha, Premier. By the way the Tama Rockstar was deemed the best entry-level kit.

Yes, MD did say in the cover story of the "Entry-Level Drumsets" issue (back in February of 1998) that it was the first one not to feature a drummer on the cover. However, when I went back to double-check this for myself, I came across their "10th Anniversary" issue from January 1986, which also didn't have a drummer on the cover. Considering I originally thought it was the Entry-Level Drumsets issue and MD even said so themselves, I'll give this one to you. Well done!

Attachments

• $(KGrHqF,!nsFGzcK5McwBRt5(YPRUw~~60_57.JPG
    $(KGrHqF,!nsFGzcK5McwBRt5(YPRUw~~60_57.JPG
    225.5 KB · Views: 310
I'm just adding a new little quiz to Edvia's thread :)

Who's this drummer ?

Attachments

• Mystery drummer.jpg
    Mystery drummer.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 287
"ian" means "son of". Zildjian translates, literally, into "son of a cymbal maker".

This is correct. To expand the trivia a little bit, it is actually not Turkish but an Armenian name. Zildjian family are of Armenian descent who hailed from Turkey. Zil means cymbal or bell. Zildji means cymbal/bell maker. -ian is "son of" like Caddy said.

Attachments

• Purdie Starr.jpg
    Purdie Starr.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 285
Maybe the mysterious drummer should tell us who he is himself...

... I'm sure the members would like that :)

PS: I added the "Beatles" logo on the BD myself, just to create some confusion, it has nothing to do with the fab four...

Back