New YT video from Emmanuelle Caplette

So, why isn't she getting the attention of, say, a Hannah Ford? They are both easily on par, if not Emmanuelle being better at playing (in my opinion). Guess Team Hannah excels at marketing the individual, but Caplette's got the chops and groove.

No marking on that ride other than Sabian, anyone have any ideas? Love the sound

She is super talented and when I was at Sonor I had a talk about her because I was really fascinated by her talent and technical skills. She seems to stay super busy (I follow her on FB) so I would think she gigs just as much if not more than Ford. I like her style more so than Ford but that is just me.

No marking on that ride other than Sabian, anyone have any ideas? Love the sound

I'm fairly sure it's the 21" HHX Groove Ride.

Absolutely killer tune, and some absolutely tremendous playing.

I'd wager the reason she doesn't get more attention is because Hannah Ford, Meytal Cohen, whoever use a lot of, let's call it "visual enticement" in their promotions, whereas Caplette is more about the actual substance of what she's promoting.

So, why isn't she getting the attention of, say, a Hannah Ford? They are both easily on par, if not Emmanuelle being better at playing (in my opinion). Guess Team Hannah excels at marketing the individual, but Caplette's got the chops and groove.

She's currently working with Andy Summers in his new band, Circa Zero; doing clinics and recording sessions all over North America and Europe; is in plenty of ads and articles in magazines; and does lots of local gigs with a Genesis-meets-jazz tribute group. I think she's certainly doing fine for herself.

Nice tune too, Henri... liked the comp. Very Dennis Chambers-like groove.. wonder if that its called The Chamber ..

First spotted Emmanuelle a couple of years back and was immediately impressed!

She's certainly doing very well, gets a great sound out of the kit and has great feel. I'm a subscriber to her Youtube channel and always look forward to the stuff she posts (Except all that Lady Gaga crap :p)

I'd love to see more of her doing stuff like the short cover she did of the opening sequence to that Karizma tune, I think it was Palladium?

Cool playing. I would love to say it's an Evolution because of the beautiful sound both riding AND crashing...it would have to be a custom size though...so probably not. Its just got that buttery thing that the Evolutions have. I need it.

Hannah Ford has that all-American cute blonde girl next door look that many people find irresistible. That wins every time. Both are great drummers, IMO. Can't really put one in front of the other because they both bring it.

Marketing it is.Hanna Ford also isn't shy about a little chese cake,doing photo shoots and showing off her legs while wearing some 5" heels.The Blond locks may also have something to do with it.

I prefer Emmanuelle.Total confidence and control.Great chops and groove.She just looks so happy when she's playing, that it's a blast just watching her play.

Great posture also.And if we're being chauvinistic here,as easy on the eyes as Hanna is.

She just makes it look easy and effortless.Brava

Steve B

Cool playing. I would love to say it's an Evolution because of the beautiful sound both riding AND crashing...it would have to be a custom size though...so probably not. Its just got that buttery thing that the Evolutions have. I need it.

Probably because it was EQd and processed. The Evolutions were designed to have a "hifi" sound, so they more naturally have that 'silky' air. Let me see if I can find a setup listing somewhere, I'm pretty certain it is the Groove...

EDIT: Here we are. Sort of out-of-date but the ride in the video definitely looks it.

Last edited:
Really interesting song and great playing.

She makes it look so easy, it's encouraging.

The bass drum work is something she has been working on for sure...

I agree, although it maybe only that the song asked for such bass drum patterns, in whichever case it's nicely done.

She's sponsored by Sonor right? ... but she's using a Tama Iron Cobra BD pedal :))

Virgil Donati was using Pearl pedals while he was still playing Premier drums.

Personally I don't know why she's using the IC over a Sonor pedal, I can't stand the feel of the ICs, but hey, whatever works for her.

I agree, although it maybe only that the song asked for such bass drum patterns, in whichever case it's nicely done.

She's sponsored by Sonor right? ... but she's using a Tama Iron Cobra BD pedal :))

If I remember correctly, Gavin Harrison Plays Tama Speed Cobra Double Pedal while using Sonor I don't suppose its a problem.

Back