The longest ever drum intro... :-)

Killer compilation! Cut out an entire page or two of a thread asking about songs with drum intros, lol.

Way cool Mad. I'm surprised how many of those a recognized

That is fantastic! I'd love to take that and make it into a quiz on the Sporcle website:

www.sporcle.com

I'd need a list of all the artists and songs in the montage - I recognize about half of them.

That would be cool to make this into a quiz. i think I only missed 6 or seven of them.

Make that more like 10

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised how many of those a recognized

So did I :)

That is fantastic! I'd love to take that and make it into a quiz on the Sporcle website:
That would be cool to make this into a quiz. i think I only missed 6 or seven of them.

Please be my guest, anyone willing to guess who's who is more than welcome...

I did post here the list for inneedofgrace, but deleted it if you guys wanna make it a quiz game :)

Wow, what an amount of work!

You know what would be cool? If there weren't any gaps between the intros,
but some kind of musical transitions from one intro to the next! :)
Has Henri got a spare month or so? ;)

Henri - huge effort! Certainly got me thinking. I'd be surprised if I got half of those right. Nice sprinkling of Simon/Jeff in there (highly commended)

Wow.... What a job Henri!

I think I only recognized a handful. I need to get out more.

Very nice compilation! Very cool that I thought I heard the intro to "I'm just a singer in a R&R band."

P.S. A couple of more came to mind that could be added: Tank by Carl Palmer and Sing Sing Sing by Gene Krupa.

Ambitious, but sorry, I didn't make it past 1:30. Did you include the intro to Waitin For The Wind by Spooky Tooth? That's 33 seconds of drums by itself!!

Bermuda

MAD, you've made a cool compilation! Must have been a good amount of work.
I recognized but a few, e.g. @ 1.13 - that's from Joe Satriani's "Time Machine", right?
This compilation shows the huge variety of drum sounds. Many of those sound a bit specific to my ears at first but somehow I can get used to all of them. Many don't sound too hi-endish but I guess they work great with the rest of the music once everything is in place.

Huge effort, Mr H! I recognised some of them but mostly couldn't recall track names and artist details. Interesting to hear the different EQ and effects too. Ooh, there's Dance with the Devil as I type, now Katrina and the Waves ...

I recognized about 13 or 14.

But as I sat there with my wife trying to puzzle them out, a thought occurred to me.

Drums by themselves just sound like a bunch of racket!

When I said that out loud and started naming some things that they sounded like (stuff falling off a shelf, for example) my wife started cackling and said if I didn't stop, I could add the sound of my wife falling off her chair to the list...

Fun stuff, Henri. thanks!

Back