Ebay crimes against innocent drums...

bigiainw

Gold Member
I can't find the old dire set up thread and couldn't avoid posting this one, beautiful kit assembled by morons!

KGrHqVHJFIFEeW1wHjBRLhPW6shQ60_12_zps257c5b5c.jpg

Sacrelige!

It's funny when people that don't play drums set them up. You think they would look at pics to help them in the right direction.

Great point, as there are many references available. That looks like a protype for some kind of flying machine.

Yes LOL. Someone call NASA. Somebody stole their Tom-a-coptor!

Only advantage I've found in this situation is occasionally they not only don't have a clue about setting them up, but also don't have a clue how much they're worth either. I saw what looked like a very nice Yamaha export kit go for £78 a few weeks ago. :)

Looking for Starclassic Performer floor toms... I recently came across a 16" Starclassic tom that was painted WHITE, and by the looks of it, with a paintbrush... spilling all over the badges, etc.

Looks t me that this display is ,and this is a guess the shop or person showing how high you could set the toms?? and trying to show that with the mount all the way out.I Dont in all honesty somebodys playing it that way....

Only advantage I've found in this situation is occasionally they not only don't have a clue about setting them up, but also don't have a clue how much they're worth either. I saw what looked like a very nice Yamaha export kit go for £78 a few weeks ago. :)

Exactly. I love it when things look like that but appear to be in good shape.

I got my first kit at a steal because someone's mom was selling their kit when they went away to college. In the pics, she had the toms mounted upside down. Good news is that she sold them to me for about a 1/4 of what they're worth.

Drummers don't do this. There's a subliminal element by in which the purposely disarranged product BEGS the buyer to emancipate it and configure it correctly. Logistically challenged store fronts with shallow window displays use the eye candy approach i.e. filling up the space for aesthetic appeal rather than attempting authenticity. Salesman, photographers and display artists do this not drummers. Think about wedding photo arrangements where you're supposed to be naturally smiling with groups of relatives that wouldn't be caught dead standing next to each other otherwise. It's fun to think they're just idiots :)

Back