First time recording with e-drums!

Excellent! It's different to see you doing some Dub stuff. I really dig it man.

not my style of music choice. but the sounds are absolutely awesome. and u play it so clean it sounded like a drum machine or somethin. what comes with the addictive drums demo version. i want to do metal rock covers, so is there good sounds for that in the demo version. and do u get unlimited access as far as how much time u get to play on the demo or is it limited. thanks, from a fellow drummer

Excellent! It's different to see you doing some Dub stuff. I really dig it man.

Thanks, I enjoy the electronic stuff, but I usually don't play it much.

not my style of music choice. but the sounds are absolutely awesome. and u play it so clean it sounded like a drum machine or somethin. what comes with the addictive drums demo version. i want to do metal rock covers, so is there good sounds for that in the demo version. and do u get unlimited access as far as how much time u get to play on the demo or is it limited. thanks, from a fellow drummer

It sounds so perfect because I quantized it. It still sounded solid without quantizing, but it definitely cleaned it up and gave it that clinical sound. The demo has only one bass drum, snare, crash, and hi-hat, but all of the functionality is there, and the access is unlimited. A great piece of demo software, and I'll probably buy the whole thing at some point.

Luke, that was pretty impressive!

You said you quantized your playing but judging from the video your drumming looked spot on so I guess the difference is marginal. Great precision!

awesome Luke!

I actually like that kind of music!
Great playing with great dynamics - I don't care if you quantized anything or not :)

Would like to see more of that stuff!

Btw:
Was this a playalong? If so, any chance to get it?

awesome Luke!

I actually like that kind of music!
Great playing with great dynamics - I don't care if you quantized anything or not :)

Would like to see more of that stuff!

Btw:
Was this a playalong? If so, any chance to get it?

Thanks Kalma! I sure had fun doing it. I did this one for me, I'm happy that others can enjoy it too! This was actually just the original track, I did a little EQing to cut out space for my drums. That's part of why I quantized it; because all the sounds have sharp attacks, any micro-timing errors sound TERRIBLE. It would have been fine if I had been able to locate a drumless track, haha.

I both like it, & don't, in pretty much equal measure. Great playing, good sound choice + mix, I understand the sonic & artistic reasons for quantising too, but I think the piece does little to display your natural flair, zany character, & ability. I'm not talking about chops, I'm talking about flavour & presentation, the very stuff that makes Luke - Luke.

Sweet playing Luke! The sound is amazing.

Thank you sir, those samples are quite magnificent, I must say!

I both like it, & don't, in pretty much equal measure. Great playing, good sound choice + mix, I understand the sonic & artistic reasons for quantising too, but I think the piece does little to display your natural flair, zany character, & ability. I'm not talking about chops, I'm talking about flavour & presentation, the very stuff that makes Luke - Luke.

I know exactly what you mean, but I look at it this way: this was an exercise of control and restraint. It's not easy for me to play through a song like that and do basically no fills; it was all about focus, and trying to groove. I think the song deserves that.

I know exactly what you mean, but I look at it this way: this was an exercise of control and restraint. It's not easy for me to play through a song like that and do basically no fills; it was all about focus, and trying to groove. I think the song deserves that.
Luke, in no way was I being down on your performance. Control & restraint by the bucket load, & indeed, that's impressive in it's own right. Guess I'm just not used to a "straight" presentation from you ;) ;) ;)

Back