Coolest bass drum ever?

Evilbagua

Silver Member
I got a dw copper snare a while ago, and loved the sound...and then this 26" monster happened. More pics soon, It's going to play a show tonight and is all packed up.

Attachments

• DWtitan.JPG
    DWtitan.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 2,610
Wow. First time I've ever seen anyone do that.​

I would think since the legs and pedal assembly are gone that would be a no, but tympani are not known for a thump sound, doesn't this resonate forever

I would think since the legs and pedal assembly are gone that would be a no, but tympani are not known for a thump sound, doesn't this resonate forever

He could have muffled it. Just a little foam would take away a lot of that sustain, though you would still be left with overwhelming copper sound.

That is the goddamn coolest thing I ever laid eyes on. I am totally floored. That right there could make you famous. Rock it hard, that's what I say.

Here is another bad quality phone picture of me using it tonight along with a dw 14x8 steel snare and a 16x16 tama chrome superstar.

Is it as heavy as it looks? Yes I need to weigh it, but easily 3-4 times as heavy as my normal 26" or 28" bass drums. It has 12 older Pre-pacific lugs, and a steel hoop so that probably doesn't help the weight.

It can't be used as a normal timpani, as I started with just the 26" copper bowl. It's hard to describe the sound I knew it would ring forever so I have it tuned tight, with a pinstripe, a falam patch, and a few pieces of moonjel. It still rings. It's very LOUD, and bright. Not as deep of a tone as a 26" diameter bass drum, but still has a lot of presence to it. I haven't had a ton of time to mess with it and other heads but I have a superkick lying around I'll try as well as a PS3.

I'd love to gig this with my copper snare, and a copper floor tom since I rock a 3 piece live. Does anybody know how I could get say a 15x15 copper shell? I have no idea, help me.

Attachments

• titanlive.JPG
    titanlive.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 781
I'd love to gig this with my copper snare, and a copper floor tom since I rock a 3 piece live. Does anybody know how I could get say a 15x15 copper shell? I have no idea, help me.

Jeff Ocheltree used to make drums out of melted down cymbals. He made a whole kit for Danny Carey. I don't know how one would get ahold of him, but for the right price you could have anything made.

That is INSANE!!!! Does it shoot hot oil?

How you described the sound took it totally out of the realm of my understanding. I can't even imagine what that sounds like. But it looks insanely great.

Jeff Ocheltree used to make drums out of melted down cymbals. He made a whole kit for Danny Carey. I don't know how one would get ahold of him, but for the right price you could have anything made.

The cast bronze shell snares are expensive. I have like 300ish$ invested in this so far, and the tree bronze ocheltree snares are like 3000 for a 14x8 that I don't have. I think a rolled thinner shell would fit in with the timpbass and my snare too.

Back