Why does everyone love Zildjian?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For example, what's the difference between an integrated and non-integrated bell? How does that apply to a cymbal being "truly" one piece of metal (or not). Just curious to see where your coming from on this one.

The bell being a separate sound from the cymbal itself or being the same. The one piece of metal thing depends on the company who makes it, but in some cases (manufacturers differ) a bell on a cymbal and the rest of the cymbal are two different pieces. And some that are one piece can even include lathing, there are companies who don't add lathing rings but shed off parts of the cymbal to create the rings.

I play out, flip kits for profit (working on a Camco kit now) and work at a book store.

Just by doing that I can pay for my car (gas and insurance), food and drum equipment, and still put money in my savings.

Hey,Those are good values. Its just simply untrue what you're saying about cymbals.
A Camco kit? Nice. that's quite a catch. Made in Cali, Chanute or Ill?
What book's are you selling/reading? David Byrne has a good new one on the music biz.

The one piece of metal thing depends on the company who makes it, but in some cases (manufacturers differ) a bell on a cymbal and the rest of the cymbal are two different pieces.
Please post a link to any such cymbal. Honestly, I have never heard of any cymbal being made of more that one piece of metal. I've been wrong before on many things, and I'll admit to it here - all you gotta do is post a link. Anything really, to back up what you're claiming.
And some that are one piece can even include lathing, there are companies who don't add lathing rings but shed off parts of the cymbal to create the rings.
Huh?

A Camco kit? Nice. that's quite a catch. Made in Cali, Chanute or Ill?
What book's are you selling/reading? David Byrne has a good new one on the music biz.

I'm not much of a reader, I actually work out of home, it's just any type of book in general. I just take thousands of upon thousands of books and put them on Amazon and other sites, ship etc.. I pretty much handle their online work. Sadly the Camco's are Tama's (with Tama lugs) but it's still a piece of history. Who ever had it last took horrible care of them. The wrap I actually pealed off with my hand sadly enough.. So I'm restoring the hardware and painting it piano black (like they were before). They're the classic Tama configuration, power toms haha.

Your not insinuating he's sponsored are you? Judging by his youtube video, I would guess his parents.

I like the hat though!

Edit: Missed it, sorry. Good for you if you work for your gear!

He was insinuating my parents paid, and also considering I had a 102 temp, and I have a disease were my body shuts down when exercising or exerting any amount of energy really, that doesn't help. And just incase you think I'm lying why do you think I'm so skinny? The disease I have actually makes me lose weight and doctors can't figure out what's wrong with me. So thanks a lot for that one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back