Modified Acro

longgun

Gold Member
Hey all, just wanted to share some pics of an old acro that I redid.........let me just start with....I Love acro's...I have three.....a newer "Blackrolite.....my "Camolite" and now this.

Picked this up for $30...it was in bad shape....cleaned it up and put some trick hardware on it..........had to drill some extra holes for the throw and butt.....but I think it turned out pretty decent.

Let me know what you guys think

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Wow. Pleasantly surprised. Those lugs look awesome.. they really take that drum up a notch. It looks awesome. Congrats.

Thanks, I think the Trick lugs are great....strong, light and look awesome IMO

Very cool. The lugs look great.

What did you use to clean the shell up like that?

Thanks.....Windex and elbow grease.....took a bit, but it turned out pretty well

The strainer just isn't right, floating on the bead like that. How about dropping the trick for a Dunnett?
http://dunnettclassicdrums.blogspot.com/2012/07/dunnett-r4-l-has-arrived.html

It does look a little off, but it works perfectly........never tried a dunnett throw, but I've read good things about them........tried to keep it cheap and I had these parts laying around....so on they went

DW member Skitch makes adapter plates for Trick to Ludwig installs.

do you know how much they are?.....may try and PM him

this could be the best looking acrolite i have ever seen. those round lugs set it OFF !

Long Gun. Stick with the Trick throw. I have a Dunnett on one of my drums and although it works well, it's not as good as a Trick. I've seen a Dunnett with a bad failure before and have been told that there is a flaw in the design that means that a percentage fail. The Trick is a much better device.

Lovely looking modifications. I'm very impressed.

Wow! That looks really great! Love the lugs and the throw! Works great in combination with the Acrolite!

Thanks.....I'm happy with the lugs....gonna check inot one of those "spacers" for the throw

looks awesome man! I have two for the time being.

Thanks......I have ten snares and three are acros.......love 'em

Long Gun. Stick with the Trick throw. I have a Dunnett on one of my drums and although it works well, it's not as good as a Trick. I've seen a Dunnett with a bad failure before and have been told that there is a flaw in the design that means that a percentage fail. The Trick is a much better device.

Lovely looking modifications. I'm very impressed.

Thanks.....the only thing I don't like is how the throw sits out so far....works perfectly, just looks a bit off

Back