my camcos

robyn64

here are a cup'l photos of my drum kit. that is my 3yr old grandson, Jude, who is becoming the new owner of this beautiful set of drums.

072012_1728[00].jpg

072012_1733[00].jpg

jude on drums.jpg

if I were you I would find a good drum shop that works on kits and have it restored to it's original state

will be well worth it

beautiful kit

if I were you I would find a good drum shop that works on kits and have it restored to it's original state

will be well worth it

beautiful kit

thanks, plan to replace the missing pieces and clean it up but kinda want to do it myself. figured it will cost around 500$ to make the replacements so will have to do a lit'l at a time.

thanks, plan to replace the missing pieces and clean it up but kinda want to do it myself. figured it will cost around 500$ to make the replacements so will have to do a lit'l at a time.

even better

nothing like refinishing a kit yourself........I hope to have the time and patience to do it one day

even better

nothing like refinishing a kit yourself........I hope to have the time and patience to do it one day

so what would be the best way to clean this kit up? there really isn't alot of damage to the wraps so really don't want to rewrap, (want to stay as original as i can) however there is some small/light scratches and was wondering if they can be buffed out, or at least made not so standoutish, i'd kinda like to leave some scratchings mainly for carriector, i think carriector gives any instrument more meaning. the kit still has a pretty good shine to it but could be better and that is what i am mainly looking to do. the metal parts have just a tad bit of rust here and there, which i think ???? stealwool will take care of unless you know of something better. i want to clean them up 1st then start replacing missing pieces. i haven't done anything with the kit yet other then putting it together and letting jude bang around on them (gotta let him get a "feel" for them) so any ideas/oppinions will be greatly appreciated. thanks.

so what would be the best way to clean this kit up? there really isn't alot of damage to the wraps so really don't want to rewrap, (want to stay as original as i can) however there is some small/light scratches and was wondering if they can be buffed out, or at least made not so standoutish, i'd kinda like to leave some scratchings mainly for carriector, i think carriector gives any instrument more meaning. the kit still has a pretty good shine to it but could be better and that is what i am mainly looking to do. the metal parts have just a tad bit of rust here and there, which i think ???? stealwool will take care of unless you know of something better. i want to clean them up 1st then start replacing missing pieces. i haven't done anything with the kit yet other then putting it together and letting jude bang around on them (gotta let him get a "feel" for them) so any ideas/oppinions will be greatly appreciated. thanks.

there are lots of methods but with vintage drums I would use some delicate products

first pull off all the hardware so that you can clean it thoroughly and away from the shells ....and please do not use steel wool....sometimes some baking soda and a tiny bit of water works great.....just enough water to make a paste then hit it with a toothbrush
after that some chrome polish will have them looking new .
there is also stuff called Never-Dull that works great on old hardware...highly recommend it

for the shells try some windex and a moist rag .....you dont want to use anything too harsh

there are lots of methods but with vintage drums I would use some delicate products

first pull off all the hardware so that you can clean it thoroughly and away from the shells ....and please do not use steel wool....sometimes some baking soda and a tiny bit of water works great.....just enough water to make a paste then hit it with a toothbrush
after that some chrome polish will have them looking new .
there is also stuff called Never-Dull that works great on old hardware...highly recommend it

for the shells try some windex and a moist rag .....you dont want to use anything too harsh

thanks for your help and i promise...no steel wool. lol. ok so is the Never-Dull used to clean or for polishing after cleaning? gonna give the baking soda a try and the windex. gonna do 1 drum at a time. thanks again

Back