For those of you who use Remote Hats..

iontheable

What clamp are you currently using?

I have a small clamp but I absolutely can't stand it and I am looking for one with a longer arm possibly.

I saw the Pearl one that mounts to your bass but I don't think that would be good for my bass hoop nor would it place the HH where I would like them.

Preferably I am looking for a set that mounts the HH tandem to a cymbal stand or so..

Thanks!

This is the one attachement by Tama I've been using for the past 30 years, I don't know if it's still available, but the possibilties of placements and cymbals adjustements are extremely versatile.

Attachments

• 11111111xhat.jpg
    11111111xhat.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 622
That looks great MAD

That's exactly what I am looking for.

My goal is to play with a set of 13" hats on my regular stand and then to keep the remote to my right with a set of 15" for the chick and alternative hits.

Thanks a bunch!

DW makes an extension similar to that; their price is meh:

http://www.shopatron.com/products/p.../1845.0.1.1.65562.56.79956.76812.84514?pp=10&

If you can't find the Tama or DW one and it's driving you nuts, you can also try finding an X-hat that is on a boom arm (like the Pearl CLH-1000) and clamp it on an existing piece of hardware. Even if the clamp itself is a standard short one, the boom arm improves its reach.

My goal is to play with a set of 13" hats on my regular stand and then to keep the remote to my right with a set of 15" for the chick and alternative hits.

Thanks a bunch!

Sounds like you want a real remote hat, and not a pedal-less x-hat. DW and Pearl seem to make the most commonly used ones. I have a Remote Speedy hat which isn't a bicycle cable design, so it's as fast and smooth as a normal highhat stand, but doesn't stretch as far as the cable designs do with a long cable.

Hey Soupy, the entire foot pedal section is new. There's the CNC machined pedal with the logo engraved and a high tolerance lubricated bronze bearing hinge, bigger pulleys for even smoother/faster action and durability, a high tolerance cable clamp connection, bump guard to eliminate upstroke bounce on heel splashes, longer long brace for a bit more reach and a few other little things as well. The whole pedal section is more stable and quieter than the original version.

The original is still a champ, we just wanted to take it up a few more notches.

This is the one attachement by Tama I've been using for the past 30 years, I don't know if it's still available, but the possibilties of placements and cymbals adjustements are extremely versatile.

Is this set up too far for you? I know you said you've been using it for 30 years. How comfortable is it long term? I tried something like this last night, but I don't have the X-hat stand. I used a stand I got for my splash. I tried it in-between those toms and it seems far away and like it over worked my elbow. I also tried it clamped to my China...it sits about 3'o'clock.

Is this set up too far for you? I know you said you've been using it for 30 years. How comfortable is it long term? I tried something like this last night, but I don't have the X-hat stand. I used a stand I got for my splash. I tried it in-between those toms and it seems far away and like it over worked my elbow. I also tried it clamped to my China...it sits about 3'o'clock.

The remote hat isn't too far on my kit, it sits on my right at 2 o'clock at the same height as the main hat on the left which sits at 10 o'clock, it feels very comfortable and I never had any issue with it, in terms of placement, it's a "natural" mouvement for my right hand to play the remote hat which I use a lot for open handed playing, the openings being done with the left hand on the main hat, it opens the kit in front of you, couldn't do without it, a plus side is the knob to quickly adjust the tension of the spring in between songs.

The remote hat isn't too far on my kit, it sits on my right at 2 o'clock at the same height as the main hat on the left which sits at 10 o'clock, it feels very comfortable and I never had any issue with it, in terms of placement, it's a "natural" mouvement for my right hand to play the remote hat which I use a lot for open handed playing, the openings being done with the left hand on the main hat, it opens the kit in front of you, couldn't do without it, a plus side is the knob to quickly adjust the tension of the spring in between songs.

HAHA Stupid me...for some reason in my mind, the article kit was your kit. Thanks for the info.

Gibraltar certainly sells tubes in different lengths.

SC-GPR30 is the model number for the 30 inch tube

I plan to get that plus 2 chrome clamps of either SC-GCRA or SC-GCSMC.

All are on amazon to purchase (or just look at). Gib also sells cheaper black versions and rotatable clamps of these as well.

Back