Pollyanna’s 10 000 posts award retrospective…

Mmmh... I guess I won't be building a pyramid after all...

Sources of inspirations, eh?

Attachments

• Face_of_Praying_Mantis.jpg
    Face_of_Praying_Mantis.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 558
  • a9092.jpg
    a9092.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 613
Worse than cockroaches....Beware of the Zanti Misfits!
zanti_misfit.jpg

Worse than cockroaches....Beware of the Zanti Misfits!

Hehehe I had to Google that. I can't imagine how many years it's been since I saw The Outer Limits. I can't remember a single episode, but I remember being a fan.

There was another old show of similar style - Night Gallery. I still remember the episode with Aunt Ada the witch and the laughing statue - it scared me half to death.

Since this is my thread I have decided that each time I post here I'll add a video from my YouTube Favourites - by all means feel free to do the same ...

This time it's Gong: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqyo9YU2FzI

I just knew drugs weren't good for you! :)

True... it's addictive, you become dependent and you have to come back again and again... but man does it feel good when you listen to it ...yep, this one's a true drug for me :)

Hehehe I had to Google that. I can't imagine how many years it's been since I saw The Outer Limits. I can't remember a single episode, but I remember being a fan.

There was another old show of similar style - Night Gallery. I still remember the episode with Aunt Ada the witch and the laughing statue - it scared me half to death.

Since this is my thread I have decided that each time I post here I'll add a video from my YouTube Favourites - by all means feel free to do the same ...

This time it's Gong: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqyo9YU2FzI

This internet sucks here, I can't even check it out today.

That's one of the very few Outer Limits episodes I can remember. My parents never let me watch Night Gallery so I don't remember it too much. I remember seeing Jaws in the theater and I wouldn't take a bath or go swimming in the pool for a week.

Oh yeah, something drum related from my favorites.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4otLapz2omQ

Last edited:
Since this has been a really self indulgent thread for me I might as well use it for this ... my Dad died last night after having a heart attack in hospital, peacefully (insofar as the painful process of dying can be peaceful).

Just letting you know because some of my pals here would want to know. I don't feel especially sad or in need of condolences because he lived a full span (89) and probably had a more comfortable and enjoyable life than most (apart from dealing with his problematic daughters, of course :)

Ta guys.

Condolences to you and yours Pol.

Never easy regardless of the length of their knock.

Here's to a life well lived.

True - it was hard at first because I was thinking about the fun when had when I was young and seeing him dead hits you - it's surreal, like a bad dream.

But in truth the last thing I wanted was for him to linger in severe discomfort. Dementia is a terrible thing - not only does it make for an uncomfortable end with no relief like morphine but it robs us of loved ones while they're alive ... you never get the kind of closure and deeper understanding and connection you hope for near the end (which of course may or may not be possible anyway).

Whaddaya do? Cop it sweet.

Condolences to you nevertheless! Must be kind of a "strange freedom" now.

Ha - I guess it doesn't leave people much option. Nonetheless I must stick with the "no condolence" rule. It's a given, eh? Everyone is going to feel some empathy in these situations - most of us have to deal with it at some stage.

Yeah, it's strange. I think a part of me is still in the denial stage, even though I've made and received a gazillion calls and done all the practical things today. It still all feels surreal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw8ZESzpL3M

It will hit you later after all the details have been taken care of and you actually have time to stop and think about it. However you can take comfort in the fact that he is no longer in pain or discomfort and that you gave so much to make the last part of his life the best you could.

My thoughts are with you during this time.

MaryO

Blessings to you and your family Remembering the good times will keep his soul alive forever. Peace.

Back