tama starclassic bubinga

1. L

My new Tama Starclassic Bubinga kit!

So I'm sure many of you have heard about my problems with my Performance Series kit, and my quest to find some new drums. Well after months of deliberating and playing a bunch of different drums to find the sound I was after, I think I've finally done it. I was dead set on the Yamaha Live...
  2. L

Tama Starclassic Bubinga Components

Hey everyone, So after going through kit after kit looking for the right sound, I ended up coming across a good deal on some Tama Starclassic Bubinga drums in the Satin Aztec Gold finish with smoked black nickel hardware. Everything about this kit is amazing except for the fact that I can't...
  3. F

New Tama StarClassic Bubinga setup

Hi Guys, Thought I'd share my "new" kit with you guys! Tama StarClassic Bubinga, 2008 (Japanese) model. 14 X 12 Rack Tom, 18 X 16 Floor Tom, 22 X 18 Kick Drum. I'm also using a Pearl Steve Ferrone (Brass 14 X 6) at the moment, great snare. I'd been looking for a new kit for some time and was...
  4. D

My Drum Solo :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUSi_noh2HQ
  5. aphrophluph

Wood Snare Tuning

I've had a Tama Starclassic Bubinga 14 x 6.5" snare for a while now, and I still can't seem to get it to sound the way I want it. It is super ringy. Rather than wrestle with the problem alone, I thought I'd see how those of you who play wood snares approach your tuning. I mostly like my snare...
  6. aphrophluph

Starclassic Bubinga

Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite This is my Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite kit. Bought it in March 2007, it was discounted because it was a demo model at the local drum shop, but it had no defects! That's a good way to buy a Bubinga kit if you ask me :) The finish is Tama's Black Metallic Gold...
  7. A

What do you think about this finish?

Hello everyone. What do you guys think about this finish? Also I can't decide between chrome or black nickel hardware Thanks
  8. A

Real difference between a Tama Starclassic Elite & Starclassic Bubinga

I'm going to purchase a Custom Tama Starclassic Bubinga in a lacquer ultraviolet sparkle color soon. And I was just wondering besides the elites being made in Japan, the bubingas in china. I also know that it has to do with the finish being in high detail, handcrafted ect. I talked with the...
  9. A

Being Ripped off, need advice please

Need advice please Hello everyone, I have been saving for quite a while for my dream drum kit the "tama starclassic bubinga" in the ultraviolet sparkle color. Tama has been so "kind" enough to make the finish for me. It is a custom order, with custom sizes ect. However as of January 2010...
  10. A

Tama Ultraviolet Sparkle Pictures Help!

Hey! I was wondering if anybody has any Tama Starclassic Bubinga pictures in the "Ultraviolet Sparkle" color? I've seen probably all of the one's shown on Google, and other sites etc. The lighting is very bad on them, and makes them look lighter than they really are. So I was wondering if...
  11. A

What Tom Tom sizes are these

Hello, Does anyone know the depth sizes of these drums. It looks for sure like 12,13 diameter I really like the sizes Thanks, Ania
  12. A

13x10, 12x9 OR 13x9, 12x8

Hello Everyone :) I am going to purchase my dream kit next week, and have all the drum sizes figured out except the tom toms. These tom tom sizes have been bugging me for over 6 months haha So 13x10, 12x9 OR 13x9, 12x8 I am used to deeper toms (used to play 13x11, 12x10) but I hate the...
  13. A

Tama Starclassic Bubinga Advice Really needed

Hello everyone, I having been playing drums for over 7 years, and it's one of my greatest passions. I'm 19 now. I've recently been saving to buy my dream kit, a "Tama Starclassic Bubinga" in the "Ultraviolet Sparkle" color. Tama has been making this finish in the "Bubinga Series' for years...
  14. Music is Awesome

Help Please

I need to know your opinion. Should I: 1) Spend all my money on either a Tama Hyper drive kit or Catalina Maple kit. OR 2) Just what how ever long it takes to save up enough money to get a great kit (ex. Gretsch Renown, Tama Starclassic, Pearl Masters). Take into consideration that I am 13 and...
  15. M

Pearl Reference vs. Tama Starclassic Bubinga

So I was talking to my friend the other day and he was convinced that the Pearl Reference series was the best sounding drums on the market right now. Now as a Tama player myself (or at least at the moment), I had to make a case for Tama's Starclassic Bubinga, because quite frankly, they are...
Back