DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 11-28-2012, 12:04 AM

Default software to enhance drums volume for songs?

I am new to drumming, and I've been checking this forum for 3 days, looking for info on software that has the capability to turn down all the non-drum sounds. I've tried Audacity (free of course), which has a pretty good equalizer, but has it's limitations. Since the drum equipment (cymbals, hats, kick etc) crosses over the entire bandwidth, I would think a software equalizer would have to be pretty stout.

I saw a couple of discussions on mp3 songs with NO drums, for practicing that way, so maybe whatever software they used to eliminate the drum tracks might work in the same manner I am looking to do. Thanks!
Old 11-28-2012, 10:54 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: software to enhance drums volume for songs?

There's no magic xxx eliminating software. Making the missing instrument tracks requires access to the masters, or at least, to Guitar Hero or Rock Band. Same would apply to a boosted instrument track.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:02 PM

Default Re: software to enhance drums volume for songs?

ermghoti: thanks, thought I'd give it a try, you never know. I was caught off by everyone else going in the opposite direction and having NO drums in the song. I think thats what separates the noobs (me) from the experienced. Maybe one day..