DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 11-03-2012, 06:32 PM

Default What is a good double bass pedal?

Hello. I'm new here. And I'm a just starting out drummer. Well, I don't have the drum set yet, but I will have it on Tuesday. :)

I'm thinking to start out with double bass, or at least play for like a month with single bass then switch to double bass.

I've heard the DW drum pedals are good ones, especially the 9000 series. Would you guys recommend it? And do you guys have any other suggestions? Oh, and I'll be playing metal, especially death metal.

Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I've also heard that the Pearl Eliminator is a good one. It's also cheaper than the DW 9000... Would you guys recommend it over the DW 9000?

EDIT2: I found this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pearl-Drums-...item3a792987c2. Is it a good one? Thanks again for any help.

Last edited by Ameer27; 11-03-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:48 PM

Default Re: What is a good double bass pedal?

Personally I wouldn't start out with something as expensive as DW 9000's or the equivalent brand X pedal. Being a new drummer, what happens if it is not your thing and you want to sell all your expensive gear? Buying new cheap gear is also never a good thing, go used Pearl Eliminators or Tama Iron Cobras, they are great, versatile pedals that will treat you well AND hold their value should you change your mind about this drumming business :)
Old 11-03-2012, 10:30 PM

yeah get cheap stuff, see if you commit, then move up. Long boards, short boards, it doesn't matter... Just enjoy all the hurs of limb mastery you're about to go through :) Starting is a great point to be told this : Don't neglect your left foot or you'll spend years crying yourself to sleep at night.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:18 AM
Silver Member

The DW 3000 is descent and very affordable. But if u have a few more bucks to spend get the DW 4000. I still use the 4000 and love it. It's no 9000, but it is a nice step up from the 3000.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameer27 View Post
Hello. I'm new here. And I'm a just starting out drummer. Well, I don't have the drum set yet, but I will have it on Tuesday. :)

I'm thinking to start out with double bass, or at least play for like a month with single bass then switch to double bass.

I've heard the DW drum pedals are good ones, especially the 9000 series. Would you guys recommend it? And do you guys have any other suggestions? Oh, and I'll be playing metal, especially death metal.

Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I've also heard that the Pearl Eliminator is a good one. It's also cheaper than the DW 9000... Would you guys recommend it over the DW 9000?

EDIT2: I found this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pearl-Drums-...item3a792987c2. Is it a good one? Thanks again for any help.
Unless you are planning to do major metal there isn't much need for a double pedal. You should be able to, and would want to build up the speed in your main foot anyway.

That said, if you want a pedal, the DW9000 are very nice. The eliminators are a bit of a "heavy" pedal, but they are great quality and will last you forever.

Check out the used market...guitar center has a used section, there are quite a few deals on there...and they put stuff up all the time.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:18 AM

Thanks for all the replies. I ended up ordering a new Pearl Eliminator (P2002B) with belt drive.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wackamole View Post
yeah get cheap stuff, see if you commit, then move up. Long boards, short boards, it doesn't matter... Just enjoy all the hurs of limb mastery you're about to go through :) Starting is a great point to be told this : Don't neglect your left foot or you'll spend years crying yourself to sleep at night.
You mean I need to train my left foot along with my right foot just when I start out?