DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-02-2012, 09:58 PM
aparker2005 aparker2005 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 198
Default New Yamaha HexRack!

Well, my wife is awesome. I wanted one of these for quite some time. She decided to let me use my overtime pay and get it. Turns out I had a LOT of overtime in the past month plus I sold my old ICON rack and so I had enough to go on and get it a lot sooner than I planned.

Wow, this thing was almost a pain to set up. SO many things to lock and tighten. In the end though I couldn't have made a better decision. This rack is so amazing. It not only looks good, but is so much more customizable and lighter. This will make for much easier gig trips. Anyway, here's the pics!
Attached Images
          
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-02-2012, 10:27 PM
SebassFR SebassFR is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 41
Default Re: New Yamaha HexRack!

Big and amazing kit !!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-02-2012, 10:40 PM
keep it simple's Avatar
keep it simple keep it simple is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Herefordshire, UK.
Posts: 16,611
Default Re: New Yamaha HexRack!

I'm noticing a slightly different profile on the "tubes" compared to the old Hexrack. Nice setup man!
__________________
This message is brought to you courtesy of Thinly Veiled Productions inc.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-03-2012, 11:31 AM
wy yung wy yung is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,029
Default Re: New Yamaha HexRack!

Stunning!

Is it sold with a ladder???

:-D :-D :-D
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-03-2012, 03:46 PM
JClutchD's Avatar
JClutchD JClutchD is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 187
Default Re: New Yamaha HexRack!

That looks wicked man. You wouldn't happen to be a Carter Beauford fan by any chance? ;)
__________________
Yamaha drums | Sabian/Paiste cymbals | Yamaha/DW hardware | Remo heads | Pro-Mark sticks

My kit
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-03-2012, 04:10 PM
scorch whammin's Avatar
scorch whammin scorch whammin is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Savannah, GA USA
Posts: 1,060
Default Re: New Yamaha HexRack!

Very nice setup!.....I own two of the original hex racks, and I definitely am a fan of the hex rack..very well designed and quality that is second to none....congrats on the purchase!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Xero Talent's Avatar
Xero Talent Xero Talent is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 872
Default Re: New Yamaha HexRack!

You should post this on Twitter and tag Yamaha. They're running a Hex Rack contest right now, winner gets featured in Modern Drummer Magazine.
__________________
Yamaha | Paiste | Pro•Mark
youtube | gear | facebook | soundcloud
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-03-2012, 05:14 PM
moretulife
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: New Yamaha HexRack!

Just saw this on the Pearl forum. Nice setup, but you can see the drums better from behind than you can from in front. I see too many rack setups covering up the beautiful shells on all these websites. The rack is there for a support system, and is not meant to be the focus of attention.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-03-2012, 05:23 PM
keep it simple's Avatar
keep it simple keep it simple is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Herefordshire, UK.
Posts: 16,611
Default Re: New Yamaha HexRack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero Talent View Post
You should post this on Twitter and tag Yamaha. They're running a Hex Rack contest right now, winner gets featured in Modern Drummer Magazine.
Do you think that includes shots of the first series Hexrack too?
__________________
This message is brought to you courtesy of Thinly Veiled Productions inc.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-03-2012, 05:26 PM
Xero Talent's Avatar
Xero Talent Xero Talent is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 872
Default Re: New Yamaha HexRack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it simple View Post
Do you think that includes shots of the first series Hexrack too?
I think so! Although unfortunately for blokes like us outside the US, we can't win :(

http://www.yamaha.com/hexrackii/twit...co%2fQZ5mKN7c&
__________________
Yamaha | Paiste | Pro•Mark
youtube | gear | facebook | soundcloud
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-03-2012, 05:40 PM
keep it simple's Avatar
keep it simple keep it simple is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Herefordshire, UK.
Posts: 16,611
Default Re: New Yamaha HexRack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero Talent View Post
I think so! Although unfortunately for blokes like us outside the US, we can't win :(

http://www.yamaha.com/hexrackii/twit...co%2fQZ5mKN7c&
Of course, I forgot, silly me. If it doesn't happen in the US, it's not modern or relevant. Do you think they've woken up to the fact it's actually possible to send print standard definition images by email?
__________________
This message is brought to you courtesy of Thinly Veiled Productions inc.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-03-2012, 06:18 PM
harryconway's Avatar
harryconway harryconway is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pasadena, California, U.S.A.
Posts: 9,224
Default Re: New Yamaha HexRack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorch whammin View Post
Very nice setup!.....I own two of the original hex racks, and I definitely am a fan of the hex rack.
I also have two of the "original" ..... great racks. Congrats on the score.
__________________
This seat does not recline as per Federal Aviation Regulation 121.310 (f)(3)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-03-2012, 06:20 PM
BacteriumFendYoke's Avatar
BacteriumFendYoke BacteriumFendYoke is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kent, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,451
Default Re: New Yamaha HexRack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moretulife View Post
Just saw this on the Pearl forum. Nice setup, but you can see the drums better from behind than you can from in front. I see too many rack setups covering up the beautiful shells on all these websites. The rack is there for a support system, and is not meant to be the focus of attention.
I think given how many kits you have, you can't see the wood for the trees.

Is there a rule that says that the drums have to take centre-stage? No. Is this setup functional and honed to the individual player? Yes. The latter is far, far more important than the aesthetics.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-03-2012, 06:25 PM
moretulife
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: New Yamaha HexRack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacteriumFendYoke View Post
I think given how many kits you have, you can't see the wood for the trees.

Is there a rule that says that the drums have to take centre-stage? No. Is this setup functional and honed to the individual player? Yes. The latter is far, far more important than the aesthetics.
Well you can't really speak from experience, but I figure you can have both! My kits are both functional, and aesthetically pleasing. Guess I am just good at it! :)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-03-2012, 07:17 PM
BacteriumFendYoke's Avatar
BacteriumFendYoke BacteriumFendYoke is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kent, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,451
Default Re: New Yamaha HexRack!

Is this the time that you give us another lesson in how to re-arrange Mapex badges?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-03-2012, 07:31 PM
moretulife
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: New Yamaha HexRack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacteriumFendYoke View Post
Is this the time that you give us another lesson in how to re-arrange Mapex badges?
I just think people should take more time in laying out their stuff. The more I look at peoples rack setups, the more I like stands!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-03-2012, 07:37 PM
keep it simple's Avatar
keep it simple keep it simple is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Herefordshire, UK.
Posts: 16,611
Default Re: New Yamaha HexRack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moretulife View Post
I can go over it again if you like! :)
Please don't.

I do get the point that the kit should feature first, with the hardware in the background as a functional element, but that's just my opinion. Others think differently. Some like all elements of their setup to offer an overall aesthetic vibe. There's certainly a recent trend of rack systems becoming a stage statement in their own right. I'm not saying it's necessarily to my liking, but I do accept it as yet another area where personal preference features strongly, & has a place.

I use a rack on my gigging kit instead of stands, purely for convenience & footprint reduction. In 99% of cases, the audience couldn't care less whether they can see my shells or not. I'm there to do a job, & so is the rack. With my Yamaha rack system however, things are a bit different. It's main purpose in life is to display our custom drum options, & in that regard, it does a pretty good job.
__________________
This message is brought to you courtesy of Thinly Veiled Productions inc.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-03-2012, 07:48 PM
moretulife
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: New Yamaha HexRack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it simple View Post
Please don't.

I do get the point that the kit should feature first, with the hardware in the background as a functional element, but that's just my opinion. Others think differently. Some like all elements of their setup to offer an overall aesthetic vibe. There's certainly a recent trend of rack systems becoming a stage statement in their own right. I'm not saying it's necessarily to my liking, but I do accept it as yet another area where personal preference features strongly, & has a place.

I use a rack on my gigging kit instead of stands, purely for convenience & footprint reduction. In 99% of cases, the audience couldn't care less whether they can see my shells or not. I'm there to do a job, & so is the rack. With my Yamaha rack system however, things are a bit different. It's main purpose in life is to display our custom drum options, & in that regard, it does a pretty good job.
You and Duncan are right in the fact that it is personal preference. If people like to look at the stands more than the drums, that is their choice. I will put my soap box away now! :)
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-03-2012, 11:16 PM
aparker2005 aparker2005 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 198
Default Re: New Yamaha HexRack!

Entering the contest and hopefully I may win! Thanks for all the kind words guys!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-03-2012, 11:31 PM
BacteriumFendYoke's Avatar
BacteriumFendYoke BacteriumFendYoke is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kent, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,451
Default Re: New Yamaha HexRack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moretulife View Post
You and Duncan are right in the fact that it is personal preference. If people like to look at the stands more than the drums, that is their choice. I will put my soap box away now! :)
Don't forget to close the door on the way out.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Drumolator Drumolator is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: central Louisiana
Posts: 1,957
Default Re: New Yamaha HexRack!

That is a cool drum set. Do you actually play that big set in that size room? Peace and goodwill.
__________________
Mark Wellman

Gretsch Catalina toms and BD / Pacific SX Series (snare) / Sabian / Evans / ProMark
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-04-2012, 03:21 PM
aparker2005 aparker2005 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 198
Default Re: New Yamaha HexRack!

Yes I do thanks. Our church is much larger than it appears in the pictures.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-05-2012, 05:57 AM
Trilogy72's Avatar
Trilogy72 Trilogy72 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 201
Default Re: New Yamaha HexRack!

That rack is sweet! Great stage presence too.
__________________
Psalm 150:5 Praise him with loud cymbals! Praise him with resounding cymbals!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Xero Talent's Avatar
Xero Talent Xero Talent is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 872
Default Re: New Yamaha HexRack!

That kit is nuts. How much did the church spend on that?
__________________
Yamaha | Paiste | Pro•Mark
youtube | gear | facebook | soundcloud
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-05-2012, 02:04 PM
toddmc's Avatar
toddmc toddmc is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Gold Coast, Australia
Posts: 1,131
Default Re: New Yamaha HexRack!

Having such an awesome kit in church is BLASPHEMY!!!! :)
This seriously makes me want to upgrade from my Roland/ Dixon rack- just beautiful.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-05-2012, 09:29 PM
aparker2005 aparker2005 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 198
Default Re: New Yamaha HexRack!

Church has an 03 Pearl ELX with 7 cymbals. Since Ive bought my personal kit to church its basically a backup for when i have a gig and cant set it up. This kit has cost me over $10k through the years
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-17-2012, 10:26 PM
aparker2005 aparker2005 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 198
Default Re: New Yamaha HexRack!

Kit will be in February's Modern Drummer for the Yamaha Hexrack ad!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-19-2012, 02:08 PM
Xero Talent's Avatar
Xero Talent Xero Talent is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 872
Default Re: New Yamaha HexRack!

Congrats .
__________________
Yamaha | Paiste | Pro•Mark
youtube | gear | facebook | soundcloud
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-19-2012, 09:06 PM
chaznewc chaznewc is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1
Default Re: New Yamaha HexRack!

Hi,

Do any of you know if you can hang a floor tom on the Hex Rack without an additional leg attached to the end of the side bar?

thanks in advance,

Chaznewc
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-20-2012, 09:20 PM
littledrummerboy98's Avatar
littledrummerboy98 littledrummerboy98 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 16
Default Re: New Yamaha HexRack!

This kit is great man
__________________
DRUMMING IS LIFE!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com