DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 10-30-2012, 12:26 AM

Default Double bass problem?!

Hey guys, well, I got fed up of being restricted to what time I practice, and so decided to get a cheap electric kit. I went for the session pro dd505, the kit got here, I set it up, the pads feel good, and create a great sound through headphones, perfect for practice! Now the specification says something along the lines of 'improved bass pad for double bass', and my old iron cobra does indeed fit fine, but when playing at a higher tempo, half of the strokes aren't picked up. Now I'm a total n00b in the world of electric kits, but is this a general downfall to an electric kit? Is it fixable? Is the problem in the module or the pads? Thanks in advance for any help/advice guys, peace!
Old 10-30-2012, 02:12 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: Double bass problem?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soggy_oggy View Post
Hey guys, well, I got fed up of being restricted to what time I practice, and so decided to get a cheap electric kit. I went for the session pro dd505, the kit got here, I set it up, the pads feel good, and create a great sound through headphones, perfect for practice! Now the specification says something along the lines of 'improved bass pad for double bass', and my old iron cobra does indeed fit fine, but when playing at a higher tempo, half of the strokes aren't picked up. Now I'm a total n00b in the world of electric kits, but is this a general downfall to an electric kit? Is it fixable? Is the problem in the module or the pads? Thanks in advance for any help/advice guys, peace!
Turn the sensitivity up on your bass drum pad until it starts to pick up the missed strokes (but not so much that you start getting double- triggering)- find the "sweet spot".
Old 10-30-2012, 07:29 PM

Default Re: Double bass problem?!

Yep, turn up the sensitivity. Also, make sure both beaters are striking the pad equidistant from center. Is it always your left or right not triggering? or both. If it's always the left, say, then make sure the beater isn't too far left of center...
Gibraltar