DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 10-28-2012, 08:48 PM

Default Cymbal crossfeed and inconsistency

Hi all. I love my DTX 535 to death, and I've expanded my set to add 2 tom pads and 2 cymbal pads from my old Simmons kit.

The tom pads are fantastic. They feel a little bit different from Yamaha pads, but play great.

On the other hand, the Simmons Cymbal pads are inconsistent (as in, when I strike one, most of the time it works great, but then sometimes they will cut off way to soon). And from time to time they crossfeed when hitting of of the other pads. Obviously for practice, this isn't a huge deal, though I would like to get these working properly.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas for me to fix these issues. I've already got the large majority of the crossfeed issue figured out and taken care of, now it's mostly just the inconsistency issue.

BTW, I hooked up my Yamaha Cymbals into the jacks these Simmons Cymbals are using and they played fantastic.

Thanks,
Defender
Old 10-28-2012, 10:43 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Cymbal crossfeed and inconsistency

Do the Simmons cymbal pads have a lot of free movement play (i.e., swing) to them when mounted? If not, this can cause the the trigger signal to cut inadvertently...without hearing it not sure this is your problem, but I'm guessing it is...if its not that, it could be that the trigger is starting to fail...

As far as your cross feed problems go, you should be able to correct that with your trigger reject settings...
Old 10-29-2012, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Cymbal crossfeed and inconsistency

I did have my cymbals pretty tight, so I loosened them up just a little and then more and then tightened them a little bit, and I am still getting the same random cut out from time to time.

This never happened with my Simmons brain, so I'm thinking it's something that the Yamaha module perhaps doesn't like different branded triggers.

Thoughts???