DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 10-03-2012, 11:58 PM

Default Axis Percussion Double bass pedal conversion kit price/Recording studio

Hello everyone! I thank you for viewing my thread, and we`ll get right to the topic. I have a XL single axis pedal. Due to highschool sports demand, I have stopped going to drum lessons after 4 years of going. I come to you with a few questions. As of now, I dont get to play a lot due to soccer and such, but I am going to drop basketball to get more serious with drums.

First of all, I would like to find out a price on the Double Pedal conversion kit due to axis not providing a price on there site. Can anyone help me with this?

Secondly, I have a rather large kit, and it tends to get a tad loud simply due to not having dampening pads. Now, I feel bad for my parents as its to loud, so I come to see how much it would be to 100% due a "recording" studio. Basically, I want to have a wooden structure, with a door, and then have sound proofing inside. I have a 7 piece drum kit, so I think it would need to be a solid size; 10x10? What is the average cost for a small home sound room?

-Thanks, Nate
Old 10-04-2012, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Axis Percussion Double bass pedal conversion kit price/Recording studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity Drummer View Post
Secondly, I have a rather large kit, and it tends to get a tad loud simply due to not having dampening pads. Now, I feel bad for my parents as its to loud, so I come to see how much it would be to 100% due a "recording" studio. Basically, I want to have a wooden structure, with a door, and then have sound proofing inside. I have a 7 piece drum kit, so I think it would need to be a solid size; 10x10? What is the average cost for a small home sound room?

-Thanks, Nate
Are you looking to do a small enclosure (like the small stand-alone practice rooms in high school band halls) inside the garage? The prefab ones are pretty expensive (like $8-10,000 for an 8x10), but you could probably get away with building one for a grand or two and get something that absorbs an acceptable level of volume. It's going to be really loud in there, and hot (air conditioning is hard to do without compromising the sound-dampening properties of the booth). There are whole forums related to this exact subject in the DIY studio community.

John Fishman from Phish built one of these for recording and his is a 7 sided room with van doors at the back for entry and exit. Search Youtube for the Phish min-documentary "Specimens of Beauty" to check it out. I've searched and searched and I wish I could find the specs on this drum booth. It seems like there would be plans online for something like this but no luck.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Axis Percussion Double bass pedal conversion kit price/Recording studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity Drummer View Post
First of all, I would like to find out a price on the Double Pedal conversion kit due to axis not providing a price on there site. Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks, Nate
Look at the interstate music website... They sell Axis products and generally their prices are little better than others ..... currently, their offering an additional 10% off as well...