DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 08-21-2012, 05:35 AM

Default Beginner drummer drum reccomendations?

I am just a beginner, I know some basic, how to hold stick, floor tom, bass, high Tom, cymbals and I think high hat. Can someone give me a website of a complete beginner drum guide. I also saw that the Roland TD-3KW was a nice set. I want to buy an electronic set and preferably Roland. If you guys recommend something, I would like the link to buy it. Thanks. Tell me pros, cons or that set and such. I would really like to start on a good foot. I just prefer electronic, I like them better. But acoustic is alright if it is better for me.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Beginner drummer drum reccomendations?

roland or yamaha are my pics. but for a good low price set with every thing you need minus a amp is the yamaha dtx 500. for 600.00 from guitar center or musicans friend also loo for discount cupons/sales. i piced mine up over slighlty higher price roland set. i just lie the sounds more but if you have a 1000.00 to spend get the new version roland the
TD-4K2-S V-Compact

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Roland-T...73-i1750391.gc

Yamaha DTX520SP http://www.guitarcenter.com/Yamaha-D...95-i1995620.gc this is better than the roland in my opion.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Beginner drummer drum reccomendations?

Also for $1,000 you can pick up the Yamaha DTX 520K. It comes with their DTX pad for the snare, one 2 zone crash and one 3 zone ride, which you can turn the edge into another crash and still play the bell and the top as a ride. It just seems like a little bit better deal for a grand than the Roland kit, though it's all up to personal preference really...

On a side note, I've been looking at these drums now for a few weeks and have yet to decide for myself which brand or set I will be purchasing when the time comes.

Good Luck...