Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 08-14-2012, 01:20 AM

Default DW 3000

Hi, does anyone have any reviews on the DW 3000 Series double pedal? Thanks
Old 08-14-2012, 01:34 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: DW 3000

I own a DW 3002. I bought it new last spring and have used it for recording and gigging.

Overall, I like its feel just fine; I have played 3000s, 7000s, 5000s, and 9000s, and none of them feels horrible to me. I don't feel any less capable with this pedal than any other. It doesn't appear to work against me and I made adjustments fairly easily. Within a few days of receiving it I had it set to where I wanted it. I don't notice a huge amount of pedal lag.

The driveshaft is secured to the axles by one drumhead bolt per end. My previous double pedal was a Pearl P122, the cheapest pedal they made in the 90s, and it secured with two bolts. I have had the linkage slip and separate a couple of times during gigs and practicing. I now double-check the security of the bolts at set breaks. Since getting in that habit, I have not had issues with it.

The bolt that holds the double chain onto the lead footboard broke about three months ago, but finding a replacement bolt and nut at the hardware store was effortless and cost me a grand $1.25.

Some have opined that if you replace the footboard hinges with the ball-bearing hinge that is standard on the 5000s and 9000s, you essentially get that pedal for less money. That would involve about $100 of parts and a good hour of work, which means to me if you want that level of performance, you should buy the 5000.

On the positive side, this thing has a great toe clamp and velcro under the baseplate, which means my bass drum does not move for any event not involving demigods or world-ending cataclysms. The beaters are DW's standard issue but come with memory clamps that return them to the correct length every time you install them. Even comes with a drumkey. Many of the same sort of features that you have to buy the pro model to get, in other people's pedals.

I would recommend the DW 3002 if you are a hobbyist or working drummer whose musical style will not have you severely punishing the pedals.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:43 PM
Silver Member

They are nice, I went a little more expensive and got the 5000. Look and see if you are willing to spend a little extra for a great pedal that will last forever. For most stuff, a 3000 should work fine.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:55 AM

I spent $100 on the DW 3000 single pedal only to find that my $45 dollar Sonor is faster and smoother. The DW has an annoying catch in the action that I have'nt been able to get out. Check out some other pedals first like a Pearl or Sonor. Cheaper and IMHO both are faster and smoother.