DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 07-24-2012, 06:28 AM

Default Whats the best program or hardware to create click tracks for live playing

I have a tama rhythm watch atm.. but i want to start using backtracks/clicktracks while playing live.. and when you do songs with more than one time signature in it its kinda hard. what do you use both hardware / software suggestions are wanted...
Old 07-24-2012, 05:59 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Whats the best program or hardware to create click tracks for live playing

Any drum machine, or sequencer/looping software should be able to do it. Hydrogen (drum machine) and LMMS (sequencer/looper, and it DOES run on Windows despite its name) are both Free/open-source.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:29 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Whats the best program or hardware to create click tracks for live playing

A MIDI sequencer would do the job. Are you on a Mac or Windows? If you've on a Mac, I'll see if I can find and test a few alternatives for you.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacteriumFendYoke View Post
A MIDI sequencer would do the job. Are you on a Mac or Windows? If you've on a Mac, I'll see if I can find and test a few alternatives for you.
im using windows, bacterium. any suggestions of a certain brand or model. i really dont want to use anything that requires too much cause im only using it for click tracks. and all i have in my set up is just a laptop cubase le / sonar 2... (i know its old but hey/ and hard to use) mixer but thats about it. if anyone has a more user friendly program recommendation also i need it. i was messing with sonar for 4 hours yesterday and accomplished absolutely nnothing.