DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 07-13-2012, 02:58 AM

Default Need help on choosing Double Bass Drum Pedal

I've decided to start increasing the size of my kit. I thought that starting with the Double Bass Drum Pedal might be the right thing. My left foot is more developed than my right, because I'm a lefty with my feet, but not with hands lol.

So, I found these two articles and they have some fair prices - the only I can afford at the moment:

http://www.amazon.de/XDrum-00007103-...136946&sr=1-34

and

http://www.amazon.de/Dixon-PP9270D-I...136946&sr=1-35

Please help me choose and please give me a review of these two.

Last edited by ageadm; 07-13-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Need help on choosing double-pedal

Someone please, I need your opinion on this because my ordering time is limited. I need to know what to get asap.

Last edited by ageadm; 07-13-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:41 PM

Dixon I think is a drum hardware manufacturer that offers quality stuff for the right price, they often lack lots of high end extras but are sturdy and will last a long time and constant gigging till you want to upgrade and is usually great introductory stuff. They also make some higher stuff too

XDrum I believe is very cheap brand making cheap drum stuff for students, people who cant afford expensive high end or like you are just starting, like Millennium by thomann, There usually cheaply built and offer more then average features, but wont last long. However that being said, I owned a millennium cheap double bass pedal, and it was great for me to learn on, got pretty fast on it too, also lasted me 2 years before I sold them and I heard there more expensive one that is about 90 was a really great pedal that rivaled some more high end 200 mark ones.

So weigh it up really, do you want a pedal that will last, or one with lots of feature, that will break pretty easily also remember the more stuff somethings got, the more things there are to go wrong with it. Hope I helped.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:34 PM

Thanks for the reply, mate. Well, I want a pedal that lasts because I want to increase my kit's size in general, so getting a double bass pedal every year isn't an option. I'm going to get some crashes, a china (or maybe two) and some splashes. I even need another floor tom, because the one I currently own isn't actually a floor tom, it's a 14" tom which is just a temporary solution.

So I guess I need a long lasting pedal. I'm gonna go for Dixon then. Thanks again.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:44 AM

No problem mate, If you have any more double bass questions just ask me, or anyone else on the forum, you can't beat a good china either but remember quality not quantity, I'd rather have 6-8 awesome sounding cymbals then 20 crappy ones.

On the note of the 14" floor tom, it doesn't really matter, my friend uses his 13" tom as a floor tom and does some huge gig like that too its so he gets one up two down kit, of course if you looking for the floor tom sound then like you said its a temporary solution.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:58 AM
Gold Member

I have been using a Dixon double chain drive double pedal (the one with the plate bottoms on both pedals) for about 14 years now, with no repairs and no problems, never been oiled and still doesnt squeak. All my hardware is Dixon, you cant beat the price and its made by the same people that supply gibraltar, cannon, worldmax and a few others, even ludwig uses some of their stuff.