DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 06-11-2012, 07:44 PM

Default Yamaha DTX700k Snare Problems!

Hi all, I have had a Yamaha DTX 700k for about three weeks and all of a sudden I have a problem with the three zone snare. When I play the rim shot, out of about ten shots I get 6 rim sounds and 4 ordinary snare sounds! Any ideas how I can sort this out............Pete.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:54 PM

Default Re: Yamaha DTX700k Snare Problems!

I don't have the 700 module ... but just thinking out loud ...

Does the 700 module have a "factory reset" option. You could try that first to rule out any rogue fat finger setting you may have stumbled and set.

You could try swapping the cable out from another pad. This would at least narrow out a faulty cable.

Assuming it still behaves badly, that would narrow it down to the module or the pad.

Considering you have the 700 trigger module, you could try putting the snare on another input and setting it up accordingly for a snare.

If it behaved like it should, then it would probably be the 700 module having a faulty snare input.

If it behaved badly still, it would probably be the snare pad itself.

Do you have a 3 voice cymbal? You could try putting that on the snare input too. If all 3 voices work, then the snare input is probably okay.

Again, I don't have the module, so I am not sure if all that I said above is doable or configurable or not ... but just a few ideas.

Considering you just got it a few weeks back ... everything should still be under warranty ... assuming you got this from a Yamaha dealer of course.

Good luck!

With that being said ... I am seriously thinking the 700K kit too. How do you like it? Any regrets?
Old 06-11-2012, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoak View Post
With that being said ... I am seriously thinking the 700K kit too. How do you like it? Any regrets?
I have no regrets whatsoever, its fantastic to be able to play anytime of day or night (now I have made a soundproof enclosure for the bass pedal) Also the backing tracks are great to play along to.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shezza View Post
I have no regrets whatsoever, its fantastic to be able to play anytime of day or night (now I have made a soundproof enclosure for the bass pedal) Also the backing tracks are great to play along to.
Thanks for the feedback!
Old 06-12-2012, 04:55 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shezza View Post
Hi all, I have had a Yamaha DTX 700k for about three weeks and all of a sudden I have a problem with the three zone snare. When I play the rim shot, out of about ten shots I get 6 rim sounds and 4 ordinary snare sounds! Any ideas how I can sort this out............Pete.
Have you been tweaking the sounds/settings on the kit??...if so, you probably have just some settings out (for lack of a better word)..you do have a factory reset..so if worse comes to worse you can just factory reset it...not sure how to do it on the 700 series as I can't see the manual online anywhere, but if you do some looking in the manual, I'm sure you'll find it...once done, if you still have occasional problems with mis-triggering, you'll need to adjust the trigger settings for false triggering (set reject settings higher)...sometimes on e-kits you get sympathetic vibrations through the rack that can cause mis-triggering/false triggering...

Last edited by scorch whammin; 06-12-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:35 PM

The manual can be found here:

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/music...0k/?mode=model

Click on the Support tab.

Page 22.

Do NOT unplug during the reset/restore process.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:17 PM

theoaks, thanks for your info I have been on to the site but when I want to get into the pdf it will not let me in because it say's it is a US site only?
Old 06-12-2012, 09:56 PM

Oops ... I thought only drummers lived in the US ;)

Try this:

http://download.yamaha.com/search/pr...uct_id=1469368
Old 06-12-2012, 10:58 PM

Actually, I discovered if you go to:

http://download.yamaha.com

... from there it will prompt you a country. I have selected some of the European ones and it still seems to allow me to download. The "Other European Countries" seems to have a lot more PDFs that the US one does.

Once you have selected your country, select Drums ... then Electronic Drums ...

There are gobs of stuff there.