DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 06-06-2012, 12:59 AM

Default DTXplorer or DTX500

I have the option of buying a Yamaha DTXplorer (used one) for half the price as a brand new Yamaha DTX500.

That DTXplorer has unpgraded Snare Pad (TP65S) and an additional TP65 connected. So 6 pads in all.. + 2 single zone cymbals

I think (Im not sure) that the DT500K has exactly the same model of pads, cymbals and kick drum (model wise) as the DTXplorer, the old difference being the 'sound module'/brain. - Given that is the case, does it really make a huge difference going for the DT500k, keeping in mind that I'm on the beginning of my learning curve..

Highly appreciate your inputs

Thanks !

Last edited by gotartans; 06-06-2012 at 01:12 AM.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:47 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: DTXplorer or DTX500

What's the price difference?..the DTXplorer sold new for $599-$699..so this used one should be less than that…the DTX500 is the old DTXpress IV module, but it has been firmware uopgraded so you can use the new silicone TCS pads…ultimately, only you can make this decision, but if you think drumming is something you are going to stick with., the DTX500 is teh better kit…where are you looking to buy..generally speaking RMCAudio, here in the states have the best prices on ekit products...
Old 06-06-2012, 01:59 AM

Default Re: DTXplorer or DTX500

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorch whammin View Post
What's the price difference?..the DTXplorer sold new for $599-$699..so this used one should be less than that…the DTX500 is the old DTXpress IV module, but it has been firmware uopgraded so you can use the new silicone TCS pads…ultimately, only you can make this decision, but if you think drumming is something you are going to stick with., the DTX500 is teh better kit…where are you looking to buy..generally speaking RMCAudio, here in the states have the best prices on ekit products...
Thought of buying the DTX500 from Guitar Centre here in Ca. Its selling for $699 + tax.
A friend of mine is selling the DTXplorer for 400 bucks... I guess besides the sound module, both are similar with the pads, right ? And yea, you cant upgrade to the TCS pads in Xplorer