DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 05-25-2012, 08:43 PM

Default Let me show you "Penny Lane

My Evolution Drum Kit, with Evans drumheads :D
Maybe you don't belive it but this drums sounds amazing ;)

I toke the pics before a show I had with my band few months ago in a bar.
A simple drum set, as my style.

Sorry for sice of the pics, I tried to post them as "Spoiler", but It didn't work.

I'd like to read your coments and opinions :D
Old 06-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Let me show you "Penny Lane

I would suggest a better camera
Old 06-01-2012, 05:46 PM
Silver Member

Rocktagon! Nice!! Haven't seen one of those in a long time.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:17 PM
PDPx7Drummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
I would suggest a better camera
I would suggest something but I would probably get banned and I just may after this post but considering the uppity and egotistical attitudes around here within this clique that you all have it wouldn't bother me in the least bit.....

You regulars around these parts really need to check yourselves and maybe get out of the house sometimes. Your reply is the EXACT reason Joe Morris made that thread in the general discussion area! Maybe go out and do some yard work instead of sitting on your rear trolling this forum waiting to make snide and unnecessary remarks to people when all they are doing is showing off their ****ing drum sets. We're not all rich stuck up old timers like your selves who can go out and buy 20 different snares, or 20 different kinds of drum sets and still have enough for a $200 camera just to take better quality shots in fear that we don't get a POS reply like your's here.

@ Large,

Don't mind the grumpy old timers around here, they spend their time stroking each others ego's within their own little clique around here and think they are gods gift to the drumming world who's **** doesn't stink. Your pictures are just fine. I personally think it's a damn cool 4 pc setup. I like the bass drum reso and that Sabian effect cymbal as well. It's cool the back drop matches your drums as well lol! Thanks for sharing! :)
Old 06-01-2012, 08:45 PM

Large: Your pics are fine man. Looks like a no-nonsense rocker!

PDPx7Drummer: Some bad karma around here lately, eh? I agree...some attitudes are gonna drive good, fun, experienced folks away...which is a shame. I may go back into "lurker mode" for fear of getting my sht jumped if I don't say something "correct".

Pretty sure rule #1 included "mocking or otherwise disrespecting a “newbie” is much less welcome than an innocent mistake by someone who might not know better."

sticksfordrums.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:36 PM
Administrator

First I am neither rich, nor stuck up. I was only suggesting that we all would have a better look at his set with better pictures, ergo, a better camera. this has nothing to do with Joe Morris' comments at all. I am not the first, and won't be the last to suggest someone use a decent camera to post photos. And my yard work is done.
I was not mocking a newbie, and because I "should know better" I was trying to help. We old timers try daily to help and the "newbies" seem offended by reality. Thicken your skin while you are young.

Large I meant no harm or offense in my remark and apologize if you took it that way.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:26 PM

If you had explained it that way in the first place, there might have been no other response. Hard to tell all of that meaning from the 6 words you typed initially.

I'm 42, a combat veteran, and my skin is probably too thick already. I don't care how you sound, but I've noticed plenty of others taking issue with the tone of your posts lately. Maybe the issue isn't with everyone else.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Administrator

That's fine.. from now on I will be a reader, and respond when personally asked only. Have a great day.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:05 PM

Sure is a lot of butthurt going around here lately.

Is that a mirror behind your kit?

Allegra Drum Crafters
Revival Drum Shop
Yamaha Recording Custom
Allegra Master Craft
Old 06-04-2012, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDPx7Drummer View Post
@ Large,

Don't mind the grumpy old timers around here, they spend their time stroking each others ego's within their own little clique around here and think they are gods gift to the drumming world who's **** doesn't stink. Your pictures are just fine. I personally think it's a damn cool 4 pc setup. I like the bass drum reso and that Sabian effect cymbal as well. It's cool the back drop matches your drums as well lol! Thanks for sharing! :)
Is ok, I can read any kind of opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
Large I meant no harm or offense in my remark and apologize if you took it that way.
Don't worry, I didn't took it as an offensive coment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jofizzm View Post
Sure is a lot of butthurt going around here lately.

Is that a mirror behind your kit?
Yes, there was a mirror at my back on stage

And thank you all for your coments and opinions. Very soon I'm gonna share some more pics better lighted from the place where I practice with my band "Zivel"
Old 06-07-2012, 02:33 AM
Platinum Member

I like it!

You don't see a black dot on a snare too often anymore. It's a great sounding head on a snare. Used to have it on my snare all the time. Now I use a coated Emperor with a top dot (not a usual head either....).

Perfect use of the Pearl double tom mount too.

I have a ton of nice gear, but I'm not "above" any kit. I can have fun on anything, and this kit looks fun.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:28 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
I would suggest something but I would probably get banned and I just may after this post but considering the uppity and egotistical attitudes around here within this clique that you all have it wouldn't bother me in the least bit.....

You regulars around these parts really need to check yourselves and maybe get out of the house sometimes. Your reply is the EXACT reason Joe Morris made that thread in the general discussion area! Maybe go out and do some yard work instead of sitting on your rear trolling this forum waiting to make snide and unnecessary remarks to people when all they are doing is showing off their ****ing drum sets. We're not all rich stuck up old timers like your selves who can go out and buy 20 different snares, or 20 different kinds of drum sets and still have enough for a $200 camera just to take better quality shots in fear that we don't get a POS reply like your's here.

@ Large,

Can I join your clique of grumpy defensive newcomers? But only if there is more than one member.

Never met you or heard of you until now. I don't think I like you, based on your post above. True.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post

I toke the pics before a show I had with my band few months ago in a bar.
A simple drum set, as my style.

This kit has lots of mood and attitude. Maybe it is the lighting that contributes to it. I really like the purple as that is not seen too often. Neat cymbal arrangement. What kind of music do you play?

Please put up specs with your photos - sizes, brand, types.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:22 AM
PDPx7Drummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
Can I join your clique of grumpy defensive newcomers? But only if there is more than one member.

Never met you or heard of you until now. I don't think I like you, based on your post above. True.
Never met you or heard of you until now either but guess what I don't give a flying ****. True.

Also no sorry, I have no room in my "clique" for those with kneepads on around here.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Silver Member

I don't want to alarm you, but your drums are on fire. :)
Old 06-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero Talent View Post
I don't want to alarm you, but your drums are on fire. :)

The flames on the bass drum head give it a 'biker/hot rod' vibe. I like them.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Never met you or heard of you until now either but guess what I don't give a flying ****. True.

Also no sorry, I have no room in my "clique" for those with kneepads on around here.
HAHAHA! You're pretty funny. I've changed my mind about you so please hang around and I accept your apology. From your words and tone, I apparently upset you and you, in turn, made me laugh. Fair trade.

Ready, set, go ....
Old 06-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Gold Member

What's up your attitude, DMC? Haven't they been nice at work...?
Old 06-12-2012, 07:03 PM

Quote:
HAHAHA! You're pretty funny. I've changed my mind about you so please hang around and I accept your apology. From your words and tone, I apparently upset you and you, in turn, made me laugh. Fair trade.

Ready, set, go ....
This kinda stuff makes me sad. I enjoy almost all the aspects of this forum. Getting the opportunity to meet fellow enthusiasts, all kinds of great playing and purchasing advice, viewing all the beautiful kits (specially yours Large).

However, it seems like about a year ago when Sticks started derailing threads, the overall mood and tone of these forums took a nosedive. I went so far as to delete my original account as I was always getting stressed feeling I needed to defend my playing or my gear decisions.

People post kits on here because they are proud of them, and that's a really cool thing. I know this is gonna sound cheesy, but if someone is just posting their kit or a song, and isn't asking for critical analysis, think before you respond, Even little harnless comments like )get a better camera..." only incite tensions and bad vibes.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Silver Member

^^ Agreed... You guys are being dicks. Come on..... we deal with enough of that shit from guitarists as it is ;)

Let's keep this forum friendly, no?
Old 06-13-2012, 07:39 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboJimII View Post
This kinda stuff makes me sad. I enjoy almost all the aspects of this forum. Getting the opportunity to meet fellow enthusiasts, all kinds of great playing and purchasing advice, viewing all the beautiful kits (specially yours Large).

However, it seems like about a year ago when Sticks started derailing threads, the overall mood and tone of these forums took a nosedive. I went so far as to delete my original account as I was always getting stressed feeling I needed to defend my playing or my gear decisions.

People post kits on here because they are proud of them, and that's a really cool thing. I know this is gonna sound cheesy, but if someone is just posting their kit or a song, and isn't asking for critical analysis, think before you respond, Even little harnless comments like )get a better camera..." only incite tensions and bad vibes.
Thanks. It's getting more than a group of guitarists.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:00 PM

For those who ask what kind of music I play, check this out:

http://www.reverbnation.com/zivel

And here are more pics from the place we practice, with a special guest L0L

Some of you may wonder why there is another snare, well the snare drum on the first pics wasn't mine, that snare drum belong to the last drummer of my band he left it there so I take it to play with it in that show L0L
This snare are actually mine, and yes I need to change the drumheads hehe. The sizes of the drums I'd say are standard, it's an economic model so. If I had the money this would be a Ludwig and not Evolution

Thanks for your comments, greetings from Mexico :)
Old 06-26-2012, 09:54 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
For those who ask what kind of music I play, check this out:

http://www.reverbnation.com/zivel

Thanks for your comments, greetings from Mexico :)
Very good pop music on your ReverbNation site and I became a fan.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Very good pop music on your ReverbNation site and I became a fan.
Thanks, there's also a facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/zivelmx

;)
Old 07-10-2012, 01:06 AM

Way Coool !
4 pc is the way to go IMO ! Love the bass head and inventive way to mount ride cymbal..
Rock and Roll,
Peace
Old 07-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Silver Member

Quote:

@ Large,

Just one of the reasons I don't bother coming here much. I use to be on every day. Now it's more like every few months. This crap plus the never ending (which head is better, Remo vs. Evans . . . .ect...ect.. ) Just gets old. You regulars around these parts really need to check yourselves and maybe get out of the house sometimes. Your reply is the EXACT reason Joe Morris made that thread in the general discussion area! I agree 100 %. I have seen people booted off of here many many times and I have also seen the rules re posted many times whenever a thread spirals out of control but yet, the rules don't seem to apply to EVERYONE here. It has become a "boys club" . Your either in or out. I see new members post a comment, question or video and nobody replies yet many read or watch it. One of the club members could post a video of a fart and it will get 5 stars and pages of replies. I use to tell young customers to go to this site. I don't do that anymore. Too bad for drummerworld. Lots more I could out of a lot of crap I have observed here since 2006 but I think I said enough. I really don't care if my opinions offends anyone. The truth usually does piss people off. Feel free to ban me. It's very simple to re register. Anyone that has been around here for a few years knows that. Post counts don't mean a damn thing to me. Anyone can be a king behind a computer. That is usually the sign of not being allowed to call the shots or wear that pants at home.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:52 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmoon View Post
Just one of the reasons I don't bother coming here much. I use to be on every day. Now it's more like every few months. This crap plus the never ending (which head is better, Remo vs. Evans . . . .ect...ect.. ) Just gets old. You regulars around these parts really need to check yourselves and maybe get out of the house sometimes. Your reply is the EXACT reason Joe Morris made that thread in the general discussion area! I agree 100 %. I have seen people booted off of here many many times and I have also seen the rules re posted many times whenever a thread spirals out of control but yet, the rules don't seem to apply to EVERYONE here. It has become a "boys club" . Your either in or out. I see new members post a comment, question or video and nobody replies yet many read or watch it. One of the club members could post a video of a fart and it will get 5 stars and pages of replies. I use to tell young customers to go to this site. I don't do that anymore. Too bad for drummerworld. Lots more I could out of a lot of crap I have observed here since 2006 but I think I said enough. I really don't care if my opinions offends anyone. The truth usually does piss people off. Feel free to ban me. It's very simple to re register. Anyone that has been around here for a few years knows that. Post counts don't mean a damn thing to me. Anyone can be a king behind a computer. That is usually the sign of not being allowed to call the shots or wear that pants at home.
+ fifthyeleven frekkin' mega-zillions!

Well said. Exactly this happened to a gaming community I was a part of (though I were one of those with m any posts, but I didn't cover their backs and licking "!#€%...
Old 07-23-2012, 08:45 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmoon View Post
Welcome to the forum!
Old 07-23-2012, 12:05 PM
Silver Member

Hey Large, Zivel's cool! I like the sound of that!
Old 07-24-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:

And here are more pics from the place we practice, with a special guest L0L

Trying to say this as manly as I can... but your cat... your cat is amazingly cute. THERE I SAID IT.

I took my 2nd bass drum off my set for 5 minutes, tossed a blanket on it by mistake, and the next thing I know it's the most expensive cat bed I've owned.

Even that doesn't work, whenever I get on my set with my cat around she squeezes through the toms, and my Icon rack just to sleep.

dafuq mah kitteh has more bass than me! (all your bass are belong to kitty!)

Inb4 kitteh thread derail.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollahbill510 View Post
Trying to say this as manly as I can... but your cat... your cat is amazingly cute. THERE I SAID IT.

I took my 2nd bass drum off my set for 5 minutes, tossed a blanket on it by mistake, and the next thing I know it's the most expensive cat bed I've owned.

Even that doesn't work, whenever I get on my set with my cat around she squeezes through the toms, and my Icon rack just to sleep.

dafuq mah kitteh has more bass than me! (all your bass are belong to kitty!)

Inb4 kitteh thread derail.
YEAH! That little cute kitten is the band's pet, and her name is "Jazz" ='-'=

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyhanson View Post
Hey Large, Zivel's cool! I like the sound of that!
Thank you :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhammerstrike View Post
Way Coool !
4 pc is the way to go IMO ! Love the bass head and inventive way to mount ride cymbal..
Rock and Roll,
Peace
Thanks, strange ideas that came into my mind hehe :P

aaaand I have some new pics, first is my snaredrum with a new look, do you know where are these images?

And Second is my new front head bass drum with my band's logo

And finally the sleepy bears inside my bassdrum L0L

Those guys make it sound really amazing :D

Well, thank you all for the coments, hope to read more. And don't forget to visit my band's facebook
http://www.facebook.com/zivelmx

Greeting from Mexico :D
Old 08-27-2012, 01:08 PM
Banned

Quote:

Sorry for sice of the pics, I tried to post them as "Spoiler", but It didn't work.

I love your kit. It looks great in the darkened club. Like it is waiting for its prey and ready to strike. Also great to see people in the pics. Really gave them life.
Thanks for posting.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:17 PM
nhzoso

Nice looking kit, how you play it matters more than what brand or model it is.

welcome to the forum, what part of Mexico you in? how long you been playing?

Last edited by nhzoso; 08-30-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wy yung View Post
I love your kit. It looks great in the darkened club. Like it is waiting for its prey and ready to strike. Also great to see people in the pics. Really gave them life.
Thanks for posting.
YAY! so it was :) thanks for your comment ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhzoso View Post
Nice looking kit, how you play it matters more than what brand or model it is.

welcome to the forum, what part of Mexico you in? how long you been playing?
Yep, I agrre with your first comment ;)
And I'm from Mexico City, southeastern. I've been playing the drums for almoust ten years since I was 16-17 years old. My favourite drummers: John Bonham, Keith Moon, Mike Portnoy, Yoshiki Hayashi & Ringo Starr :)

I've just have a few shows in my city, and this is how my drum kit "Penny Lane" looks on stage

This pictures are from a festival in Instituto Politecnico Nacional (public university)

And this other was from a show in bar called "Dobermann"

I'm happy beacuse we're doing a great job, having new fans from every show :)
In the next month we will gonna record two new songs at Oscar Zarate's studio. Oscar Zarate is the lead guitarrist from the mexican rock band "El Tri"
And we're making our first music video from the song "Depredador", you can listen or download the song here: http://www.reverbnation.com/zivel

Greetings from Mexico ^_^