DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Drums

Drums All about Drums and Drum Kits

Old 05-16-2012, 10:08 PM

Default Resotune II

There is not many reviews out there of this? I tried Tune but and did not have much success with fine tuning. Still lots of unwanted overtones that are driving me crazy.

Has anyone actually tried the new Resotune? Will it be better for fine tuning? The videos of I see of it on youtube are inconclusive.

Am I being too picky? For example, when I watch thesevideos, it seems like there are still overtones and inconsistencies in lug sounds after he is done tuning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p8yBBt04Uk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1OmcsqiRpw
Old 05-17-2012, 12:34 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: Resotune II

Wow, I just don't see the appeal of these gadgets. That thing is a monstrosity. Learn the skill of tuning like you learn the skills of drumming. Time, patience, practice.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:01 AM
Gold Member

I havent tried the tune bot but I have seen the resotune in person and it is the only thing I have seen that actually works like it is said to work. It is a bit bulky but so are piano tuners for that matter. It has speakers in it that send a sonic signal thru the drum and then reads it. It can find the sweet spot of each drum and then you can decide to tune to that note or any key you want to chose for that matter, then it will tell you which lug to turn and which way to turn it.

A bit pricy for the average joe at $249 but would be a useful tool to anyone that tunes a lot of different makes and models of drums like the drum dept of a music store and wants to have them tuned to perfection but doesnt have the time to spend hours on many different kits. Those 2 vids you posted do show that after tuning there is lots of resonance with very little odd harmonic high frequency overtones but your right the sound of the drum itself is not the greatest but who knows what brand or series that particular drum is or how he tuned the reso.

https://www.resotune.com/

BTW the one I had originally saw was the resotune 1 which was quite a bit bulkier than the new one and had a hefty price tag at $349.

Last edited by tard; 05-17-2012 at 01:51 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tard View Post
can find the sweet spot of each drum and then you can decide to tune to that note or any key you want to chose for that matter, then it will tell you which lug to turn and which way to turn it.
can it actually find the sweet spot of the drum? Reading the manual and the website, I think it just finds the pitch produced by the current tuning on the drum and the pitch from each of the lugs, like the tune-bot
Old 05-17-2012, 05:46 AM
Silver Member

I was eyeing one of these, but then the Tune-bot came out.
Lower price, smaller, easier to operate. Does the job.

thx

jorn

Last edited by jornthedrummer; 05-17-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:24 AM
Silver Member

I tried the 2 when it came out. I got somewhat inconsistent results. I never was sure what the box was doing and wasn't sure exactly how to integrate it with my regular tuning methodology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumdevil9 View Post
Wow, I just don't see the appeal of these gadgets. That thing is a monstrosity. Learn the skill of tuning like you learn the skills of drumming. Time, patience, practice.
Gee, thanks. Lovely attitude. Way to provide constructive, useful feedback. Thanks for your contribution.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:36 AM
Silver Member

I've never come across anything like this in my life, but if it works consistently (which, following this thread so far, it doesn't!) it would make a fantastic studio aid. Will have to research it now!
Old 05-18-2012, 01:17 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy View Post
I tried the 2 when it came out. I got somewhat inconsistent results. I never was sure what the box was doing and wasn't sure exactly how to integrate it with my regular tuning methodology.

Gee, thanks. Lovely attitude. Way to provide constructive, useful feedback. Thanks for your contribution.
Sorrry. Just my take.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:23 AM

So I bought this in addition to the tunebot. Out of the box I just did the simple tuning. Basically tweaked it from yesterday's tunebot tuning. I can say it was pretty much spot on with the tunebot. BUT for anyone else out there that has this or used it, let's say you are starting off with a head you are just putting on and you want to tune the drum to an F#, how abouts do you go doing this. I find the manual terrible. Thx!