DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 04-28-2012, 04:18 PM

Default PDP402 Double bass pedals. - Not recommended.

Okay, I had these pedals for about 3 months and the chain link snapped on them, it is impossible to replace as the pedals aren't sold anymore and it is impossible to undo the screws to get to the chain link. It has broken a few screwdrivers just by trying to unscrew it. Basically I don't recommend getting these pedals, now I've gone back to my Stagg pedals, which I dislike and it'll be a long time before I can afford some new pedals. I'll try get some DW's, but it'll take me ages to get the money for it.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:30 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: PDP402 Double bass pedals. - Not recommended.

Cant you take it back to where ever you got it? I looked at that pedal too when I was looking for one for my e-kit and thought it was pretty crappy. I got this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/drums...tid=37-4376811 and it was just a little more but well made and has a great feel. The Iron cobra JR is another one I would recommend.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:41 PM

No, they don't see this pedal anymore and it was bought from a secondary seller, although still boxed.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:58 PM
Administrator

go to a bike shop and see if they can fix the chain
Old 04-29-2012, 10:13 PM

As I stated, I can't even undo the screw, it breaks screwdrivers :/
I don't know if they'd be able to either.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:05 PM
Platinum Member

Try soaking the screw in Liquid Wrench. Chances are it was glued and you have to find a way to break the glue. Take it to a bike or machine shop and if they can't wrench it loose, it can be drilled out and replaced.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:35 PM

I know it's not popular to say...but cheap is always and ever will be cheap. They break for a reason. I am sorry it happened to you, I am.

I am not a rich man nor have I ever been. When I started playing a long long time ago and had my dishwasher job making minimum wage, I still owned a regular DW5000....because I saved for it. Save for a good pedal,...it's really really worth it. I've NEVER broke any of my versions of the DW5000's I've owned. I'm not saying get a DW5000, Im just saying save for a good pedal, whatever it is. Even if it takes 6 months to save $300.00. Even if it takes a year to save $300.00, it's worth it. Or buy a used good pedal. I'd rather buy a used DW5000 than ANY cheap new one. I just don't trust cheap to do what I have to do.

For me, I don't have any time to be worrying if my pedal is going to break or not...I don't need that in my equation whatsoever. I just need it to work. Sure, shit can happen and I will deal with it, but it's more likely to happen if you do something you are serious about and you try to cut corners. Now you are breaking screwdrivers...stop the madness!! Are you serious about drumming? Get the right tools.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniewannabe View Post
I know it's not popular to say...but cheap is always and ever will be cheap. They break for a reason. I am sorry it happened to you, I am.

I am not a rich man nor have I ever been. When I started playing a long long time ago and had my dishwasher job making minimum wage, I still owned a regular DW5000....because I saved for it. Save for a good pedal,...it's really really worth it. I've NEVER broke any of my versions of the DW5000's I've owned. I'm not saying get a DW5000, Im just saying save for a good pedal, whatever it is. Even if it takes 6 months to save $300.00. Even if it takes a year to save $300.00, it's worth it. Or buy a used good pedal. I'd rather buy a used DW5000 than ANY cheap new one. I just don't trust cheap to do what I have to do.

For me, I don't have any time to be worrying if my pedal is going to break or not...I don't need that in my equation whatsoever. I just need it to work. Sure, shit can happen and I will deal with it, but it's more likely to happen if you do something you are serious about and you try to cut corners. Now you are breaking screwdrivers...stop the madness!! Are you serious about drumming? Get the right tools.
Yeah, I wish I could get some DWs, I've seen them before and always wanted them. My favourite drummer also uses them, but I can't afford them, I can't find anywhere to get a job at the moment, so until then I'm probably not gonna get them for ages :/