Bought a cymbal, but who signed it?

So I finally found the ride I've always wanted: a 20" Sabian HH Sound Control.
Has a nice overtones yet defined ping, good bell sound, and very smooth crashability. It's very versatile to say the least....

....but I'm not here to tell you how it sounds. It appears to have been signed by someone, but the drummer who sold it to me failed to mention that in the ad or when I met him to try and eventually buy it. The signature isn't why I bought it though (I should say stole since I only handed over $125 for it). I bought it because it matched the sound of my avedis hats and crashes, and had the features I was looking for in a ride.

Anyway--- didn't know if anyone had any clue as to who's signature this is. I can only tell maybe an "A" for the first letter first name and the last starts with F and ends in Y. But I could be totally wrong with my hypothesis.

image-1.jpg

image-2.jpg

image.jpg

I'm seeing it this way.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 275
Yeah--- that's how I thought it was... Sorry the second pic is a little wonky. I uploaded all of these with my phone since I just moved and don't have the 'net hooked up.

Could be a W now that I look at it some more.

I bet it's just some random guy's signature he put on there for a laugh or a con. Or someone really obvious.

Well-- I'm gonna try to not lose any sleep over this. Maybe one of you kind souls will have solved the riddle by daybreak.

It's a Sabian worker's signature. I don't remember if it's the guy who hammers it, or a quality auditor... all the HH cymbals will have this. I think the HHX does too, as well as some of the Vaults.

So I think it's the person who hammers it, because I think you'll find a signature on all "hand hammered" Sabian cymbals.

It's a Sabian worker's signature. I don't remember if it's the guy who hammers it, or a quality auditor... all the HH cymbals will have this. I think the HHX does too, as well as some of the Vaults.

So I think it's the person who hammers it, because I think you'll find a signature on all "hand hammered" Sabian cymbals.

The guy I bought it from said it was a prototype sent to some nationally-known local drummer, so my first guess was him, but this makes more sense.

Huh... Never would've guessed that, but it's similar to any artist signing their work. I can see why they would've signed it because it's a beaut- I'd love to make a trip up to the factory sometime and see if I could meet the artisan and thank him or her in person.

It was the cymbal hammerer's doctor apparently.

Back