DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 03-05-2012, 07:42 PM

Default Lefty double-bass Pedal

Hey guys! I'm fairly new to this forum, so I'll get straight to the point:

I am a left-handed drummer with a really crap Stagg double-bass pedal. I find it really hard to get both pedals on the same tension and so on... So I think I found a solution. Well, my idea is to get a new double-bass pedal to solve most if not all of the issues.

I have seen many threads about this, but I couldn't one that satisfied a left-footed drummer with a low budget.

All I really need is a double-bass pedal that:
  • is under 200 GBP
  • works for a left-footed drummer
  • has at least 2 different beater surfaces (felt, plastic, wood, etc.)

The less costly the better. I have looked at Mapex P700TW as a possible choice, but I just wanna be sure that I'm settling down for the right pedal for me.

I'm a rock/metal drummer.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:27 AM

Default Re: Lefty double-bass Pedal

For those of us who are "correct" handed, it is difficult to find a budget priced double pedal. Most of the company's offer left handed pedals only in their higher priced lines, ie Dw 5000 series. Your best bet on a budget is to find a used one, but it may take you while to find one. I spent months and months searching for one and was about to give in and buy a new one, but I found a DW 5000 in great shape for $125.00. Don't get frustrated trying to find a used one, it is going to take some time but it will be worth the money you save.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:41 PM
Gold Member

I agree. The DW5000 series is a good pedal, both single and double that you can buy used. They're true work horses that last.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:57 PM

Im not a full left handed drummer, but i did get big into wanting a left handed doubble pedal a few years back. Taye makes a great pedal for about 300ish, same with Yamaha and if you could find one, Pearl has some discontinued eliminator left footed pedals arouind: thats what I have. But when it comes to pedals, you should up your budget a bit...used to have a Network Pro doubble that was rank beyond anything.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:22 PM

Yeah thanks for the tips. I have a year to get one if im to play Stargazer 1976 at a competition, but im really bad with cash. ill do my best :D
Old 04-03-2012, 02:47 AM

I'm a fully left-handed drummer. I've got a first and second generation Iron Cobra pedals from Tama and I've been very happy with them. The current generation (which is very much the same as the second generation I have) is my current gigging pedal(s) and I have no issues at all. I am thinking about trying a set of Speed Cobras now that they have a left-handed model. You might be able to find a used set of IC's to fit your budget on Ebay. Good luck in your search. I know left handed pedals are not that common.